Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Note 8
JENWIN52

Since the last update, they changed the badges and notifications. I used to be able to clear the badges, but the notification or number of notifications woukd still show on the app icon, ie messages and facebook, etc. Now it clears them all. Can this be changed back? Missing text messages is super frustrating

Labels (1)
Re: Note 8
kathy65793

Unfortunately once you update the phone you can not change it back.

However I do believe that Samsung is aware of this problem and hopefully

will be sending a patch out soon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I a sorry to learn that you are missing messages, JENWIN52. I would be frustrated as well. Kathy65793 is correct, once you update to the latest software unfortunately you are unable to go back. Samsung is aware of the badge icon concern.This function is working as designed. The Oreo update included a change to how the notifications work. Once a notification is cleared out of the notification bar (at the top of the screen and the lock screen) it will clear the badge from the corresponding application.

0 Likes
JENWIN52

Thank you for responding! I knew that I couldn't go back once I did the update, but I was hoping there was a setting I could change. Super big flaw in the design. This is why I am hesitant to ever do the updates. You never know how much it's going to change your phone.

Thanks,

Jen [removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JENWIN52, you are very welcome. I certainly understand being hesitant about performing an update. Updates are designed to enhance a phone however at times it can drastically change it. The good thing is Samsung is aware and hopefully with the feedback received will revert back to how the notifications were before.

Just as a friendly reminder if you haven’t checked out our Verizon Up rewards program I recommend doing so. There are some amazing rewards available 100% free to you. Check it our here http://spr.ly/6588Dg8Ap. Also, we are featuring open enrollment with Asurion Total Mobile Protection if you don’t have insurance on your phone until the end of May. To learn more visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/total-mobile-protection/. We appreciate you and your business.

0 Likes