Note 9 LTE speeds fluctuating while at home - not consistent
djcig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a unlocked samsung note 9 phone and been a customer with Verizon for over 6 years. I have not had a single problem until about April 2019. It all started with a thunderstorm that hit our area in April 2019 and the next day I noticed that my phone, a samsung galaxy S7 edge at the time, was having speed and connectivity issues with the internet during the late afternoon and evening hours. I thought at first that the storm may have damaged something on the tower and knocked out service temporarily. Well about after a week or so I called tech support and immediately blamed it being the phone even though I denied that and said that during the morning and most of early afternoon hours works great but after that it would become super slow to timing out while keeping two bars LTE. I was instructed to have the sims card replaced at verizon and check to see if fixed issue - did not fix the problem. During that time problem kept getting worse and nothing got fixed and I kept calling and complaining to tech support during a 5 month period. Tech support did a network test on tower for area and stated that there was nothing wrong and I was told there was nothing else that they could do. I bought a brand new Samung Note 9 phone unlocked and had Verizon sims card installed shortly afterwards and found I was having same exact issues. Customer service and tech support still could not figure out and didn't want to listen to me still. After threatening to leave and switch carriers after the last phone call I finally gave up.

I noticed several weeks later that service was much better than before and was performing better. I noticed that when it would rain or storm I could still use the internet and not have any timing out issues or slow speeds whereas before it would not work at all if it was raining or cloudy outside. I noticed that service seemed to be more consistent, but not as good as before I started having initial problems. 

Now within the last several weeks this year, I have a new problem. Now when I'm home and not using phone or when I start using phone after idle, it takes a long time for the phone to connect to tower. It will show up having LTE but with no signal bars or barely one bar of LTE until after 10 to 15 mins it finally gets two bars LTE. I can even be using phone and watch signal bars fluctuate from two bars to one and then to 0 and then it would eventually go to one or two bars again after a period of minutes. When the signal bars get to one or zero it's slow and almost times out. I have to physically activate and deactivate airplane mode constantly to reestablish connection with tower to get the two bars of service back. When working correctly my phone keeps a strong two bars of LTE even with my past phones could also being that I'm only about two miles from the tower. If I'm not using phone and let it idle for a period time and then come back to use again, I notice it will have almost no signal bars and will be slow again no matter the part of day. It takes a while to finally get to the two signal bars on LTE after waiting for it load a page or stream a video. 

I do not have any trees blocking my signal, I have not metal roof, and when I travel to my home town which is about 10 miles north of my house I have no issues at all and works great. This is only happening when I'm in my area around my house and at home. The closest tower is two miles from the road from my house. 

I AM TIRED OF PAYING $100 A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED BEYOND SERVICE AND HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS ISSUE!!!! I've had enough and I'm about to finally switch carriers especially if this report that tech support is working on now comes back saying it's not the tower again. If it's my phone, I want to be proven it's my phone because I've read similar issues and problems such as this and it gets old when Verizon keeps blaming the customer's phones instead of their equipment or service. 

Has anyone experienced or are experiencing this now???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Note 9 LTE speeds fluctuating while at home - not consistent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your device working correctly at all times, and we would hate to lose your preference. Could you tell us when was the network ticket submitted for this issue? Are you aware of other devices having these issues? Do you have any problems with your calls or data?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
djcig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I submitted the ticket on Thursday of this week. My internet speeds are what is fluctuating. I am not over my data limit either. Calls and text are fair but could be better. Having trouble with internet this morning again having the same problems in fact for about a 20 minute period it would not even let me do a Google search and it has one bar of LTE. I'm about to switch carriers next week, I've had enough of this overpriced service!

djcig
Enthusiast - Level 2

My normal signal strength is around 2 bars LTE but sometimes I can get 3 bars LTE while inside house. I have noticed that my phone will keep switching from 2 bars to 1 bar and then will go to no bars while still on LTE while using the phone. When it's all working normally it will have two bars LTE+. There is something wrong with the tower that's only about 2 miles from me, but no one wants to listen to me. The only device I use is my phone which is a note 9. 

0 Likes
Irish_Red
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suggest you post this issue again on the "General Wireless" service forum.  Since I have the exact same problem I've found numerous posts about this but most are posted on the forum for the specific model of phone.  PERHAPS (though it's doubtful) if everyone with this problem posted there we MIGHT get some sort of credible response besides essentially ... So sorry to hear you've been having problems.  We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. ... never an answer mind you, just garbage ... I'm seriously thinking of changing carriers myself ... been with them for over 12 yrs!

Hope you're subscribed to get replies to your post

0 Likes
BeckB2921
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto everything that's already been said!!!! Including the part about the new sim card, which did absolutely nothing for me EXCEPT cause more problems in the long run, thanks to unknowledgable rep(s) making unauthorized changes to my account & providing me with inaccurate information regarding billing & services. Ironically my contact ends this month. We shall see what happens.......So incredibly frustrating as I seriously do NOT have the time or patience for this, at the present time. I NEED a device that works 100% of the time. I might add that it's not like I'm located on some far off remote island, or hidden deep in a jungle somewhere. I'm in Austin, Texas for **** sake. There are too many competitors out there whom I'm certain would gladly take my business. I don't want to switch but why subject myself to additional stress & frustration.....Lord knows I have more than enough of that in my life already. 

GUESS WHAT?!?!? I JUST LOST MY INTERNET CONNECTION WHILE TYPING THIS REPLY!!! IMAGINE THAT!!! What are the odds.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have reliable service, and we are eager to look into this for you. To clarify, was a ticket ever created for your service issues? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes