Re: Note 9 Losing Paired Bluetooth Devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to reach us. How long has it been since you've performed the latest software update on your device? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
dtwitkowski
Enthusiast - Level 1

I take the OTA updates as they come out.  Most recent was the N960U1UES1CSD1 build.

0 Likes
rockrock202

This problem started with mine after the April 15th update.  On restart, all Bluetooth connections are gone.  This did not happen before the 4/15 update.

0 Likes
Blaclheart0

What I don't understand is this is a $1300 phone. And the only thing anyone wants to say it do a factory reset. That shouldn't be the only way to fix something this expenses. Lossing all hope for electrics. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about this Bluetooth issue you are experiencing when your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 device does restart, rockrock202. We certainly want to make sure that we do everything that we can to ensure that you do not have to re-establish your Bluetooth connections the next time you restart your device as that can be very tedious. At this time, this issue has not been reported as a known issue to Verizon Wireless across all Samsung Galaxy Note 9 devices who have their latest software versions. However, we do want to make sure that we resolve this issue for those who are having this issue. A good step to do in cases like these would be to back up your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 so that all of your information is saved and do a Factory Reset. The Factory Reset will erase your device as if it was brand new but you can restore all of your information after the Factory Reset has completed. You can click on the first link below for assistance on how to back up your device and you can click on the second link below to view how to complete the Factory Reset. Let us know how this goes. Thank you. 

Backup Instructions: http://spr.ly/6605E907B

Factory Reset Instructions: http://spr.ly/6607E907D

BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Blaclheart0, and thank you for reaching out to us. Have you performed any other troubleshooting steps since this has started to happen? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
MarcusAllonsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I too have this problem! It started out of the blue a few weeks after pie update. I went to verizon store where I bought it and they were clueless. Really big pain since I have to tell my car to forget the phone before I pair it again, every friggin day! Yes I turn my phone off every night. No I will not resort to their repeated last resort of factory reset which doesn't always help anyway. 

0 Likes
Adamljohnson86
Enthusiast - Level 2

ex Google employee and dev of Google Android. -Adam Johnson I have from bootloader done full wipe of cache-no result, from settings network reset -no result, From settings Full wipe of device-no result, lastly complete wipe of device from boot loader- no result full Odin restore-result on all VZW devices no other carrier is plagued at this point my Unlocked Bootloader Note 9 overseas device been loving pie for over a year. 

Advice for the carrier-- get results get professional, get results, fix the Issue VZW, and work with Samsung on the code to get a better base build and own up your mistake. 

My advice to all us consumers demand credits daily  as vzw is not keeping there and of the user agreement until it's fixed your device is not working as promised and your entitled to a daily credit for ur line services on the line listed with a note 9. As your devices is not compatible or working correctly as sold and agreed upon in your terms and conditions of contract also your payment plan is now void as they broke the device in update and now owe u credits. Get ur money from vzw that's the only way they assign tickets to engineers as stated above not a identified with in vzw so they dont care and will waste ur time I assure you while they smile and over change ur account. 

Cefadkins

This has been happening to me as well since the update. After I restart the phone, put it in airplane mode, and after putting it in battery saver mode. I've done a factory reboot and everything. Normally the turning off and back on again approach works, but it just seems to make matters worse.

Now if I manage to get the Bluetooth to actually pair with the Scion FRS radio plugged into my tC, which has worked since 2013 with all my past phones and this phone till the update, the audio cuts in and out as if the radio and phone stop communicating with eachother. And don't get me started on how hard it is now to unconnect from bluetooth when that happens during a call to continue that call... 

0 Likes
MarcusAllonsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my note 9 with  build ppr1.180610.011.n960usqsd1  android security patch level  kernal 4.9.112, both april 1, 2019.  Last few weeks it has been doing this!  I do shut off every night but it only forgets every other restart or so.  SOOO frustration to re-pair my cars every other day!!  All devices are forgotten.  YES, I have reset network x2, YES I have deleted cache x2.  No fix.  No, I will not do another factory reset since it is not as benign as you say (takes hours even if you save as much as you can)  and according to posts it did not help anyway. Please help!!