Note Edge Battery
swallman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love how my phone isn't even 2 years old and the battery now needs replacement (boot loops when it gets down to around 20% or so)...and even better that Verizon is completely OUT OF STOCK both online and in store.  I want to be able to use my VZW corporate discount to save some $$ but I can't even do that.

0 Likes
Re: Note Edge Battery
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swallman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy Note Edge

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's a fairly old phone model. Either Samsung or a third party retailer will still have stock at this point for batteries. You're lucky if you can find them from the carriers nine months after the phone's release.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
swallman
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not that old of a phone...I'm still paying on the 24 month contract (have like 5 more months to go!)...Samsung lists nowhere to purchase them on their website.  Amazon lists a ton of sellers but most of them are selling refurbs from what I can tell and I wouldn't trust them at all.

Point being that Verizon doesn't need to stock them themselves but they should at least have a good, reliable source for OEM batteries.  How do they handle situations where a battery dies and the customer has paid for the extended warranty?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the trouble swallman. We want to make sure that this gets addressed for you. It can be difficult when an item that is needed is low on stock. If you can't wait, you may also reach out to the manufacturer at 888 987 4357. We want you to get what you need.BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge was announced September 2014, released November 2014 and was discontinued on Verizon Wireless. It almost two years and accessories never last that long at Verizon store or the website. Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specs

0 Likes
swallman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess I don't consider a battery an "accessory" as the phone is useless without it!  I don't really care if Verizon doesn't have them in stock but they should partner with a company that can offer the correct OEM item at a reasonable price, especially for customers that are still paying a phone on contract!  I suspect that they just figure customers should upgrade to a new phone but why when my current phone works fine except for the battery.  This seriously makes me question both Samsung and Verizon for future purchases.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well I wanted to buy another battery for my HTC Thunderbolt and my Samsung Galaxy Nexus when I was using each one after a year. Verizon Wireless didn't stock those batteries either after a year. I didn't threaten to leave or consider never buying another phone from either brand because VZW sold out of the stock they had for batteries. I rarely expect companies to keep stock of parts for discontinued items forever. Besides it likely an OEM battery could be purchased from a third party retailer for much less than the discounted price you might have paid VZW.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I own the Note Edge as well. I experienced some battery life issues and it was corrected after a Factory Reset On the other hand if you truly need a battery. We do have a limited stock of them. we sent you a private Message please respond there fopr more assistance with the order process.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes