Note II rebooting stuck on a loop, has this happened to anyone else?
candymandy

So randomly today mid facebook conversation my one year old Note rebooted. No biggie until i realized it kept rebooting. It would load the homescreen and anywhere from a minute to three minutes it rebooted again. I uninstalled my theme, i removed the battery. I removed the sim and sd cards and restarted the phone. Then at a last resort performed a hard reset. Shocking enough my phone now loads and whats to start the set up screens and then it reboots again and again. Awesome! So now i have a phone that does nothing. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note II rebooting stuck on a loop, has this happened to anyone else?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pachura,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the Droid Razr Maxx.  Let's make sure that we get this fixed.  Let's try the alternate hard reset method.  We perform this while the device is powered off.  You will hold a combination of keys down to get to the recovery screen.  Here are the instructions; http://vz.to/Z7m6Vb .

Let us know how it goes!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a working device candymandy. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Thanks for taking the steps to troubleshoot. Did anything change on the device, such as an app, function or update since it started? When you completed the hard reset, was it done to factory settings or did you reset with a restoral of your apps and settings? We recommend a complete wipe.

http://vz.to/19daE8V

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pachura
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the exact same endless reboot cycle with my Droid Razr Maxx. Nothing special was installed beforehand. Just came out of nowhere. Have since tried everything suggested from safe boot, system cache clear, sim card, all the way to complete factory reset. And now I have a phone that reboots before it can finish the post-factory reset initialization. Can't even get to the home screen. $600 paperweight. Completely useless.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone figured out the cause or found a solution? Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pachura,

I understand the importance of having a reliable device and our goal is to get you there. Was all the content restored to the phone? Please try another factory reset but this time, make sure this http://vz.to/1opIZym is turned off. In addition, skip the step to add a Gmail address and let us know how it does.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Pachura
Enthusiast - Level 2

"And now I have a phone that reboots before it can finish the post-factory reset initialization. Can't even get to the home screen."

Since the customer support recommended factory reset I can no longer get to the home screen. On startup it asks if I wish to use English or Spanish. After that it says that it is initializing the phone and that it may take a few minutes. Never gets past that. The icon will spin right up until the point where the phone decides to reboot and starts the cycle all over again.

So I no longer have a way to navigate menu options or do a second factory reset as suggested. Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pachura,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with the Droid Razr Maxx.  Let's make sure that we get this fixed.  Let's try the alternate hard reset method.  We perform this while the device is powered off.  You will hold a combination of keys down to get to the recovery screen.  Here are the instructions; http://vz.to/Z7m6Vb .

Let us know how it goes!

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
Pachura
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link provided was to instructions on how to do a factory reset. Yet the post you are replying to states that a factory reset was already done:

"Since the customer support recommended factory reset..."

My problem is that the phone reboots before it can finish the initialization that comes after a factory reset. So not sure how that link can be used to help solve that problem. Or how it addresses the previous support recommendation of clearing the content restoration option before factory reset, when you can't get to the menu selection screens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pachura,

Thank you for your response and questions.  The link that I provided is a different method of performing a factory reset on your device.  You may experience better results with this method.  If not, then we'll have to investigate the warranty on your phone.  Please attempt and notify of results. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes