Notice for 2 Updates Needed for Note 3 Lollipop Update
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

This morning I had an update notice on my Galaxy Note 3saying I had an update available which I took care of right away. It also said that this was 1 of 2 updates in preparation of Lollipop 5.0. After the rather small update, it said another would be available soon. About an hour later, on a whim, I checked "updates" on my phone and it said the 5.0 was available. I postponed this update until this afternoon. Has anyone else seen this multiple update approach? I have not come across any mention of this in the forums.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notice for 2 Updates Needed for Note 3 Lollipop Update
Snn5
Legend

Yes, the G2 G3 and most all Samsung phones have a 2 part update.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Yes, the G2 G3 and most all Samsung phones have a 2 part update.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome Smiley Happy Glad that's answered.

0 Likes
jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update on Note 3 update to Lollipop. I performed the 5.0 update and so far everything seems ok except my widgets are gone. I've heard of poor battery performance but need more time to see if that is a problem with mine.

jbal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another update on the Lollipop update: The widgets I thought were gone were just moved. Now they are at the bottom of the screen when you press the "Home" button. Otherwise, the phone seems to be operating as it should. I have noted better wifi performance in graphics popping up right away instead of slowly loading (this is specific to my crappy Comcast wifi).