Now I have the charger issue also
budone
Legend

Yep, the dreaded, " Please use the original charger" comment is now appearing without the phone ever charging. (So the phone is recognizing the chargeR Which is the original one) This KK update really has played havoc with this device

0 Likes
Re: Now I have the charger issue also
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi budone - Let's bring back the device you have grown to love! Does the notification appear when using a certain app or process? To confirm the port shows no physical or liquid damage? When connecting the original charger does the error ever come up?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There is not any water damage or corrosion. I have been receiving the message about having to use the original charger since the KitKat update, but the phone would charge. As of Saturday, when I plug in the ORIGINAL charger, the charging light does not light up, just the screen with the , use the original charger for a faster charge.

The device will not charge via a USB connection with my laptop. In fact the two will not communicate at all via a USB CONNECTION NOW. I have to use my car charger which only plugs into, half of the charging port.

If I use an aftermarket charger which again only uses half of the charging port, the device will charge, but it is very slow, just like the car charger.m

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine was doing that, after the KK 4.4.2 update.  I got a replacement phone, and the charger was still doing it... so... I now use my husband's charger for his RAZR M.  It doesn't plug into both sides of the charger port, but it charges the phone just fine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Budone,

Have you tried the "dreaded" factory reset to see if that helps?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the record, Ann154, even though you weren't asking me specifically.. I did the factory reset, and the charger still did it.  Verizon customer service said that if I take it in to a store, they'd replace it for free.  I haven't done that yet, though.  Still using the other charger.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

deltabond wrote:

For the record, Ann154, even though you weren't asking me specifically.. I did the factory reset, and the charger still did it.  Verizon customer service said that if I take it in to a store, they'd replace it for free.  I haven't done that yet, though.  Still using the other charger.

Are you referring to having the phone or the charger replaced in the store for free?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aj_ghimire

I have a similar problem too where it tells me to connect to the "original" charger because the battery isn't charging as fast as it should (apparently) and some mornings I wake up where the battery is only charged up to like 80% and I have to plug the charge out and in again for it to start charging.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Not yet, but I have thought about it

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes