Re: One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think we going to have to wait longe, since no one  knows anything about it.

0 Likes
GoHurdler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello LauraF_VZW,

The attached image is what initially appeared after I did the recent firmware update to One UI 3.0 and Android 11 on my Note 20 Ultra. When I pressed next an error message appeared. When I tried pressing next again and again, the error message kept appearing. When I restarted my phone the "Start using... Advanced Messaging" prompt would no longer appear.

In order to get the prompt to reappear,  I had to go into settings/apps/messaging and then clear the data. I then pressed next on the prompt but received no acknowledgement that anything was active. There is no "Advanced Messaging" toggle. There are toggles in "Chat setting" for "Share read status," "Share typing indications," and in "Multimedia Messaging" there is a "Show when delivered" toggle but I have no idea if these are all active and if there should be more features. "Show when delivered" works but I couldn't  see myself type and it did not indicate that I read my own messages. I sent a message to someone who has an iPhone on Verizon Wireless but no read indicator appeared and no typing indicator either.

I was able to send myself a large file via Samsung's Link Sharing cloud based service, which doesn't actually send an attachment, its a link that gets sent, which the recipient then has to click on to then be able to download the file for upto 48 hours.

I wonder if VZW didn't actually flip the switch on their end and Samsung jumped the gun because normally when there is a new feature about to be launched the customer service reps are trained on it before launch.

Screenshot_20201221-184803_Messages.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GoHurdler, we appreciate these great details and honestly, you are absolutely correct. At this time, only the Note 9 and Note 9+ have this feature enabled with Verizon Wireless. We know that there was a recent update through the manufacturer preparing the devices for this service however, this has not yet rolled out to additional models. Once there is a change and additional devices have this function through Verizon Wireless, the phone will receive a carrier update to provide this access. We apologize for the confusion. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we are here to aid in any way that we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes
SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_20201227-212452_My Verizon.jpg

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is a distinction without a difference.  It sure looks to me that the intent was to make it operational with Android 11 plus that patch.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback and we want to ensure that your device as well as, its text messaging, works correctly at all times. Software and app updates are intended to enhance the performance of the device and apps too and not cause the phone and app user to be inconvenienced. - RobertC_VZW 

0 Likes
Cwill2g3
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's still not working note 20 ultra user 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the concern with Samsung Messages, Cwill2g3. I definitely want to figure out the best path forward with you. To clarify, this app is being updated with a phased approach (currently planned for launch throughout January at the time of this writing) and not all phones may have access to advanced messaging currently through Samsung Messages right now. The best thing to do is ensure that both the operating system and the app are fully up to date so you are ready to go when the app update is available for your particular phone. Here's how to update your apps if needed: http://spr.ly/6607Hnr9L You can go to settings, about phone, software update to update the operating system. Does this clarify? Also, have you tried out Verizon Message+ as an alternative? 

0 Likes
Tjyoungman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been trying to figure out as well. My wife's phone on sprint (s20+) has an extra settings menu enabled in the chat settings section. And hers works perfectly fine. I can send her a message and nothing shows on my phone for read delivered ect. However her phone will show if it's been delivered or read on my device. So something is working there for that to work. 

0 Likes