Ongoing saga of doom with the Note 3
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

If' you've read any of the countless Note 3 signal problem threads ("Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?" for instance) you  know many of us have suffered at the hands of Verizon/Samsung.

I gave up a month ago and paid half of my Edge contract so that I could get another phone with an actual working antenna. My choice was the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Sent my Note 3 back to Verizon and enjoyed being able to make phone calls on my S5... everything fine and dandy other than the bruises to my wallet from paying $174.00 to buy my way out of the Note 3. 

Everything fine and dandy, so I thought. This weekend I received my Note 3 back from Verizon with a message inside the box that they could not accept the return because it was not the same ESN as the one originally on my Edge contract. As you might imagine, the Note 3 sent back to Verizon was the replacement/refurb Verizon sent me to try to make my antenna problem go away.

There is no way I can send back the original because Verizon already has it. Verizon now says I must pay the balance of the original Edge contract in addition to the new Edge contract on my S5.

I will post updates to this epic saga of customer support failure as it becomes available and I resign myself to another batch of 4 hour phone calls to people at Verizon who are tasked with talking to me. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing saga of doom with the Note 3
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Any update on this situation?  They want to send me a replacement but after seeing this, don't know if I want to do it...

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Talked to support today. They are sending me another shipping label but I'm not going to call it solved. Could not pin the guy down to a case number or any other artifact that might prove I had a conversation with him.

Every question I asked required him to consult with superiors.

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling, as of yet.

In related news, I spent some time, this afternoon, with another IT manager at a bank. He had a Note 3 that he dumped his iPhone for. He bought it after seeing mine a few months ago. He's suffering the same result as the rest of us with regard to pathetic antenna power on the Note 3. Says he can no longer stream when driving around town. I feel bad that he's having problems. I'm having none of the connectivity issues with the Galaxy S5

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Well let's hope that the new return label takes care of things.  

I must say other than the battery issue that I have been having, all issues that I had with the phone, we're taken care of with the update. The most drastic of all, the connectivity issue with wifi. 

With a new battery I saw no significant improvement.  So tech support has sent me a replacement phone. I will use the replacement for a couple days and see what happens. If I see an improvement I may just go ahead and send my original phone back. If not, I will send the replacement back, and see where we would go from there. Honestly, I highly doubt that there is an issue with the phone.  

I will update after a couple days. 

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update on the continuing tale of fail.

Sent Note 3 back using shipping label mentioned in post from May 28...  Followed tracking info till till device showed as received by Verizon at which time I called cust service to verify they had received and that they would make everything right. Very helpful rep listened to my story and had refund approved by her supervisor. In the meantime I was hit with the full amount of the cost of the Galaxy S5 ... She confirmed receipt of the Note 3 (also confirmed that the original Note 3 was returned and received by Verizon) and called me back twice just to assure me that the problem was handled. I told her I feared they would send it back again.

Friday June 20, I got the Note 3 back from Verizon with the same message as before, telling me the ESN did not match the number from the original Edge agreement.

Spent another 4 hours of "Ground Hog Day" frustration on the phone with multiple cust service reps this evening. I am so tired of trying to help them help me.

I'm back to square one with customer service. No managers take calls on weekends. This has been one of the worst customer no-service experiences I've ever seen.

Going to try again Monday. My bill is due July 1 and it's looking like I will have to pay 400 extra because of Verizon's lack of care.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a new return label, again. Anyone think they'll get it right this time? Customer support supervisor sent it and promised it would be solved.

Will send it Monday. I'll update as things move... My fear is this will be another boomerang.

Anyone want to guess?

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

The way things have been going with Verizon lately, who knows that will happen. All I can say is, I wish you luck in getting this resolved!

0 Likes