Operate an android phone from a netbook via the usb?
CharlesS_

Hi, my grown children talked me into purchasing my first smart phone. They helped me to choose a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, and it has been a good choice. We have the VZ Navigator, and use that program when traveling. I installed interface adaptors on our car radios to play Pandora Radio, and we use that app a lot.  

I keep looking at bluetooth keyboards to use with this device and would also love to have access to a larger screen at times. Some work friends told me that one can connect the phone to a netbook or a laptop via the USB port? So that is what we tried. The purpose is to allow access to the web with a larger screen and a keyboard via the phone when WiFi is not available. I don't have the mobile hotspot option, and prefer not to add that expense. The netbook is an older 32 bit Acer with an Atom processor, Windows XP, and it has WiFi. The phone is set to use WiFi if available and it automatically logs onto the same modem that the netbook uses at our house when in range. The USB cable that came with the phone fits perfectly in both devices, and the phone will charge from the netbook's battery. The netbook will pop up a bubble that says "new hardware", however that is as far as it goes. The netbook will not load up any hardware from the the phone. Is there any uncomplicated way to do this? Old guy, and not very technical., Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Operate an android phone from a netbook via the usb?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Charles S

I would love to assist you today! The Note 2 is not designed to provide a wired internet connection to another device. The mobile hotspot is a great feature! Did you know this feature is free with a ShareEverything plan.

Check out this link: http://bit.ly/1b756Bw to review the plan and see if its a great option for you! I changed and am now saving $30 per month!

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes