Oreo update
B2KWETWORK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting quite irritated with these meaningless updates that put stuff on my phone i have no interest in. The oreo update has taken my custom message ringtone. While i understand the OS is not built by you i do beleive you have input. Where can i submit comments to the android system? I can not find a link or site for feedback to them.

Re: Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

B2kwetwork, updates are meant to improve your device, and we can appreciate your feedback regarding the latest Oreo update. You do have the option to submit feedback regarding the recent software release by reaching out to Samsung support directly online by clicking, https://bit.ly/2z9FXFr Are you experiencing difficulties with your phone after the recent update? I know you mentioned the update took your custom message ringtone, were you able to set the ringtone back successfully? 

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
B2KWETWORK
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have experienced my location turning off on its own, my calls going in and out and the phone losing signal in areas i know to have strong signal. I have lost custom tones in messages and the the phonetic name not being the way numbers are displayed which helped with putting business contacts in order by employer. Your link above goes nowhere either.

Reply to:

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating it can be for the operating system to change when you where used to the way things used to be. After you installed the update, did you update the software on all of your applications? The loss of custom settings suggests a memory issue. When was the last time you checked how much storage and ram you have available?