Outgoing Calls " couldn't connect"
mickledy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is actually on my Galaxy Fold.  Certain numbers outgoing calls ring once and hang up.  Message displays "couldn't connect" or some calls go through and hang up after 3 seconds.  Call to my husband on a different network but in same household goes through fine and doesn't disconnect.  I tried on and off wi-fi. I reset network settings. I reset all setting.  Anyone else having this issue or have suggestions on what else?  Tech support just gave me chat instructions, which I followed but still not working.   I haven't removed the SIM card yet.  

Labels (1)
Re: Outgoing Calls " couldn't connect"
Walpitgood
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME EXACT ISSUE AS mickledy ...MY ISSUE STARTED TODAY A FEW HOURS AGO...MY INTERNET IS WORKING GREAT (I WORK VIA VPN CONNECTION- NO ISSUES WITH  LANDLINE-NO ISSUES WITH DIRECT TV.

MY PHONE:   GALAXY A71 5G

What on earth am I supposed to do? Swift assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to place call. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
gsdgirl98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact issue today on Verizon Wireless...

walket0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  Is there an answer for this yet?

SEATTLE_ICE
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is completely f*#*@ up.  I can't call

matthewgpollock
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is now happening to me and it is enraging my clients - texts work, when I receive a call it rings, when I pick up it displays "couldn't connect". When I make an outgoing call it rings the other person's phone, when they pick up my phone displays "couldn't connect" and forwards them to voicemail. Galaxy S9 Verizon - Wifi is working plenty of bars. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear you're having services from two days ago with not being able to connect, gsdgirl98. Let me get some more details from today to find out what's going on with your service. What is your current location (city and state)? When you could not make a connection, are you getting any error messages?  Please power off your device for at least three minutes and then turn it back on. Afterward, please do a free test call by dialing (#832) send and listen for the automated message about the results of the test call. I will be standing by to assist you further. 

-Ed

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure you are always able to connect reliably! I am here for support and happy to help. What announcement do you hear when calling #832? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very concerning to hear, matthewgpollock! It is imperative you have reliable service. How long has this issue been occurring? Can you please provide the nearest intersection and zipcode so that we can review the area? Does this occur in one specific location or anywhere you go?

-Marshall

0 Likes