PC Utility App for Samsung Won't Open - Why?
Spaceman210
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the desktop utility on my PC for the Samsung Note 3, published by Samsung, "Verizon 2.0 UA for Samsung".  It won't open in Windows 7, and will not open in compatibility version for XP SP2 either.  I have tried the following:  Disabled firewall and anti-virus.  Ran as administrator.  Uninstalled and re-installed the app.  Verified SW on my phone is up to date.  Verified Verizon SW Updater shows current.  Verified latest Windows updates.  Nothing makes this program open.  MS troubleshooter says PROGRAM IS INCOMPATIBLE!

Help please. 

0 Likes
Re: PC Utility App for Samsung Won't Open - Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spaceman210 lets get to the bottom of this issue! It appears that the desktop utlility is currently incompatible with the Note 3 at this time. However to cross all bases, I would recommend contacting Samsung at 888-987-4357.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: PC Utility App for Samsung Won't Open  - Why?
Spaceman210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ashley, I did as you requested.  Samsung technical support, Galaxy Note Dept., insists the "Verizon 2.0 UA for Samsung" is a Verizon program, not Samsung, and that therefore it is the responsibility of Verizon to make it compatible with the Note 3.  Can you open a ticket for this issue and let me know the number? 

Jeff

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping me posted Jeff! There is currently not a process to open a ticket, however I want to reassure you that we are continuously working to offer our customers additional resources. Once the desktop utility is available, you can access it from http://vz.to/1azDe5d .

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Rifter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here, running Win7 Pro.  Update just installed itself this morning, now it doesn't work.  Just pops up a Win7 box asking if I want to search for a solution and close, or just close.  This is tied to a Galaxy SIII.

ritzter13

I am having the same issue now for about 5 days. The program updated last week and now won't open. I'm using Win 7 Professional 64 bit - SP1 with all updates being current. My phone is a Samsung 4S. I'm glad that there are others having this issue of the program not opening only because I now know it's not only my computer. I hope progress in fixing this program is made quickly. Thank you.

Verizon error.JPG

0 Likes
GregKrav

Honestly, Have you tried to find it there?

0 Likes
trainterry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with my Samsung S4. It is a Verizon program! The Samsung program that will do the same function is Kies. A Samsung rep put me on to it and provided their link. If your is a Note 3 or Samsung smartphone with android 4.3 use the Kies 3 program.

www.samsung/us/kies/#downloadWindows

Be sure to download the Kies 3 program.

It worked for me!  I then uninstalled the Verizon software that doesn't work.

Good Luck

0 Likes