Phone signal strength not great recently.
vnguyen123

I live in the 39540 area which was recently impacted by Hurricane Zeta over 1 week ago. Had great signal strength prior to. Currently, struggling to even have 1 bar of signal strength on Samsung Note 20 Ultra.  Wife has iPhone which has post Zeta has frequently had "No Signal" displaced on her phone. Other family members that have Verizon are not having great service as well. Sister and brother-in-law with AT&T have no issues with their service. Any idea what's going on? Perhaps your infrastructure around my area is damaged?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone signal strength not great recently.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with service since the hurricane, vnguyen123. I'm sure that this has been a difficult time for you and we're happy to help figure this out. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Are the issues inside, outside or both? Are you having issues all throughout the area or at certain locations primarily? 

-RSM

0 Likes
vnguyen123

Thanks for the response. Zip code of current location is 39540.  Cross streets are Highway 15 and Lamey Bridge Road. Another would be Haversham Place and Highway 15.  Issues are both inside and outside.  Issues are throughout the area. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you sharing this with us as well, vnguyen123. We definitely want to make sure any network related issues are resolved for you and any other Verizon Wireless customers who are also affected. So that we can see this from your eyes, can you please describe what happens when you attempt to make a call, send a text message, and use data without the aid of Wi-Fi on your device(s)? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
vnguyen123

Yes, so just sitting in the house now, I only have 1 signal strength bar on my phone (Samsung Note 20 Ultra). My wife's phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) is the same way, but she will have occasional "No service" display as well. Text messages from my phone does not go through every time anymore.  I get that constant blue circling thing like the phone is trying to send the message. Text messages have been failing to send more lately.  These issues happens at both my house and my parents that are approximately 1 mile away.  We used to have at least 3-4 signal strength bars on our phones before the hurricane. Using data without Wi-Fi, it is slow.  This is inside the house or outside of the house. Drive 4 miles south of where I live towards the interstate, I have great signal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details! Does this only occur when you are in these homes, or is it happening outside in this area as well? 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
vnguyen123

This occurs both inside and outside of the homes. 

0 Likes
vnguyen123

Just to update you.  Just was over at my parent's home near cross street Haversham Place and Hwy 15, both inside and outside of the home, signal strength was one bar and 1x.  It used to be at least 3-4 bars signal strength and LTE displayed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vnguyen123, when did this issue begin? Are the areas you are impacted in 5 miles or greater in distance apart from one another? TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update. Please feel free to send us a Private Note to continue troubleshooting.

0 Likes