Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone to TV Battery Issue
BLOODBOUGHTGRL77_CG

I connect my phone to my tv using a cable that projects the phone screen to the tv screen.  This is so I can watch Netflix on my TV.  The problem I have is the battery runs out because my phone screen has to stay on.  I have the brightness turned all the way down and the cable I use to connect to has a port for my charger,  which I also use. But it uses the battery quicker than it can charge it back up. So the charger part just slows down the battery usage,  but does not prevent it from running out.  Is there a way I can make my screen be able to shut off, while still projecting to my tv?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone to TV Battery Issue
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you considered purchasing a Chromecast?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BLOODBOUGHTGRL77_CG

With chromecast,  wouldn't I have to have home internet? I only have internet on my phone and mobile hot spot uses too much data. And I cannot do home internet and phone data.

0 Likes
BLOODBOUGHTGRL77_CG

With chromecast,  wouldn't I have to have home internet? I only have internet on my phone and mobile hot spot uses too much data. And I cannot do home internet and phone data.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You are going to go through quite a bit of data watching Netflix on the phone or if you manage to get it displayed on the TV.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes