Phone will not stop trying to install Samsung Gear VR
bpstoner
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone keeps trying to install Samsung Gear VR.  I don't have any VR equipment nor did I try to install an app that uses VR.  It also started a power sharing thing and I don't know why.  Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not stop trying to install Samsung Gear VR
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you disable or turn off the application that wants to update? You should also turn off the notifications for the application. Go to Settings > Apps to access all the applications installed on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bpstoner
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, I can't find the app for it.  I have looked through them and still don't see it.  I did find one for power sharing and stopped it, but then it came back on about an hour later.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not referring to "force stopping" it. I am referring to disabling or turning it off permanently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bpstoner
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does not allow for that option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bpstoner, I too would be just as concerned with an application that was constantly trying to update on my device. To clarify, has the application already installed, and now it keeps looping the download and install, or does it keep trying to update even though it is already up to date?

While I understand that this app & feature is not used, it is software that is tied to additional hardware that your phone is fully compatible with. This VR software does  utilize other applications found in your Note 4 that it must be compatible with for that software to function correctly if ever used. 

As an example, I own the Galaxy S6 Edge, and my phone has the following Gear VR applications installed : GearVR Service, GearVRSetupWizardStub, and GearVR Shell.

The apps should not be active or running to disable, as you need the additional GearVR headset for those applications to function and commence working.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ccdish

I am having the same issue and the added joy of it not charging because the phone thinks I am connecting it to the equipment not the charger

0 Likes