Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Photos and Data Usage - Google+ and Picasa
MissyBrown

I find my monthly bill for communications is significant and I want to reduce it, if feasible. I think I have several services backing up my data and photos are a big part of this. I don't understand the Google products in relation my data and photos and to each other like Google+ and Picasa.

Photo taken on my cell phone - I use an Samsung Android cell phone that works with Google products.

• Uploading photos. When I take photos they are uploaded automatically and quickly to my Google+ account.

1. Does this photo upload use my Verizon Wireless data plan?
  2. Or does that depend how I am connected to the Internet - if I am on WiFi or on the phone's mobile connection. Can I control where/how/when it uploads?
  3. Is it possible to stop the automatic upload? Or is that not recommended.
  • Google+ Photo

1. Has it replaced Picasa?
  2. How does it function?
  3. How many photos will it store for free?
  4. Do I need to back up my photos to another service like Mozy?
  5. Sharing. Huge mystery to me.
  6. I created an album and I shared it with myself, my husband and 3 kids. Next day, someone else commented on the photos. Huh?
  7. I wanted this album to go to myself so I could forward it via Gmail. I don't see how to do this.

• Clearing out the excess photos

1. Am I correct to think that clearing out unwanted photos will reduce my data storage cost on every service that does my backups?
  2. If I delete photos on my cell phone will they automatically be deleted from Google+ Photos?
  3. Or do I have to purge them in both places?
  4. Trash - If you assemble an album and then remove some photos from it, they go into the Trash. It automatically empties in 60 days, so will it delete the original or just a copy that was in the album?
Labels (1)
0 Likes