Poor signal, Samsung Note 4
FenwayGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is it that my husband and I have the same exact phone, which we purcahsed at the same exact time, but I vary rarely have 4G (let alone LTE!). More often then not my phone is at a 3G or a 1X--what does that even mean! It's contstantly dropping calls because it says its searching for signal. It's absurd that we're paying $700 a phone for one I can barely even use. I've tried resetting to factory and removing the SIM card for a few minutes.....nothing. We swtiched from TMobile because we couldn't even get reception at our house. When we first switched to Verizon I was so happy that I could get reception anywhere, but for the last month, maybe 2, I'd rather go back to TMobile at this point. Im so frustrated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor signal, Samsung Note 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it’s important to have signal wherever you use your phone, Lurch702, and we want to do all that we can to offer you the best possible service. Let’s get to the bottom of this and take a look at the Advanced Calling setting. Is this setting currently on or off: http://spr.ly/6587BJgDZ ? We’d like you to run a test and slide this setting to the opposite position that it is now in.  Let us know if this alternative setting makes a difference.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified the phone is set to LTE/CDMA mode in the cellular network mode and not Global mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FenwayGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, I have. I have tried both Global and LTE/CDMA to see if that makes a difference. At most, it's only been a bar difference in the recpetion I was getting. Can you suggest anything else? I had the  Note 2 and LOVED IT, thats the whole reason I wanted to stay with this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this wireless issue to our attention FenwayGirl. We are happy to have you with us, and we don't want to lose you as a customer. We are here to help. Can you please provide us with your zip code where this is happening? Are you experencing low signal indoors and outdoors?
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FenwayGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 04092. Thia happens inside, outside.......LITERALLY EVERYWHERE. It didnt for the first couple of months. At this point Im so discouraged and dissapointed that Im stuxk in a contract with this phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
FenwayGirl,

We definitely do not want you disappointed. My concern is that you mentioned you & your husband have the exact same phone but you are unable to use yours. You also mentioned doing a factory reset but no difference. At any point, have you had your sim card replaced? This can be done at any direct Verizon Wireless store location or through customer service at 800-922-0204.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FenwayGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I went to our local Verizon and told them the situation. We explained what you had suggested and the Rep told us that wasn't going to make a difference. Then, he and another Rep who were working just continued to talk horribly about Samsung and the Note 4. It got to the point where I actually told the Sales Reo that he was not doing Verizon any justice as far as us being Verizon customers. We left feeling even more irate and feeling like they could have cared less about helping us because thats "just the way Samsung and their Lollipop software work."

At this point I am beyo d upset that we left TMobile for  this sort of service and we would like to know what Verizon plans on doing to make this right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FenwayGirl,

We are very sorry that you had such a negative experience in the store. We are here to help. To further assist, I want to access your account so that we can find the best way for resolution. I am going to send you a Private Message on here. Please respond there. I look forward to finding a resolution with you.

LeoL_VZW

0 Likes
Lurch702
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was there a solution found to this? I have been having the exact same problem with my Note 4 since the last network update. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it’s important to have signal wherever you use your phone, Lurch702, and we want to do all that we can to offer you the best possible service. Let’s get to the bottom of this and take a look at the Advanced Calling setting. Is this setting currently on or off: http://spr.ly/6587BJgDZ ? We’d like you to run a test and slide this setting to the opposite position that it is now in.  Let us know if this alternative setting makes a difference.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes