Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately that is only the case if your replacement phone is paid off.

They told me I should be fine keeping the S7Edge because if I had my Note 7 I still would not be eligible for a Note 8....Well DUH!!!!! Guess what Verizon?!?!?! I would also have the NOTE 7 that I upgraded to get, which I don't. Therefore, it is NOT THE SAME THING.

Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
SjkNak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, DUH!! We wanted the Note 7, not the S7Edge, but had no choice to trade in, or else we would have keep the Note 7, that we liked.

I was also expecting to be able to get the Note 8 without any penalities.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rachbro3, your time is important to us. No one anticipated with the Note 7 would be recalled. It is an unfortunate event that this did happen. Most users had the option of going back to their old device if in possession or upgrading to another model due to this. We do have great trade in promotion that is running but the remaining balance must be paid on your Device Payment Plan first. Take a look here: http://spr.ly/65888xln0

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

We already knew there is a promotion. That does NOTHING for the people that had to upgrade during the time between the Note 7 and the Note 8 and are now stuck with a device.

Fix the promotion to include those people, taking the $450 off the remaining balance of their phone to allow for an upgrade into the Note 8.

Please VZW, worry more about customer satisfaction and retention than acquisition of new customers.

RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

WE KNOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Verizon, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING.

I could not go back to my old device because YOU TOOK IT.

I was FORCED into ANOTHER phone. I was FORCED to use my UPGRADE on a DOWNGRADE. A phone I DID NOT WANT. It is NOT FAIR to make me stay with that phone when a phone comparable to the phone I was FORCED TO GIVE UP, is FINALLY available!!!!!!! A Note. Which is what I wanted to use my upgrade for in the first place. You are being ridiculous! You are being unfair. You are forcing customers to keep phones they never wanted. Hundreds, thousands, of us. Samsung can't fix your stupid contracts. Only YOU CAN.

This is how you do business:
Take back this phone I never wanted. Give me a Note 8 with NO discount. Keep your $450 or however much the exact amount is for a trade in of a S7 Edge. Apply that $450 to the balance I owe on the phone to end that contract. Or just make my "replacement phone" automatically available for an upgrade. DUH. It is NOT that hard. Get it right. You are treating us unfairly. And Samsungs hands are tied because this is VERIZONS STUPID CONTRACT. Applying the trade in value to the balance works on the same in the end as your current pointless promotion!!!!!!!!!
Someone really needs to think this through and work with us here.

josh_horne
Enthusiast - Level 1

Typical corporate answer.

You don't own up or offer a way to actually do stuff for your customers who got stuck with products

they didn't want. I traded my S5 (I was not bound to any contract at this time as my phone had been

paid off and my contract expired) in for a discount on the Note 7. After the Note 7 fiasco your

company told me I could not get my S5 back.  I then only had the option to purchase a new phone

from your company and lock myself into a payment plan. Do you see the issue here? Your company did

nothing to assist in putting my situation back to pre-Note 7 fiasco status. Your company saw a

situation to make money and did just that, made money off of customers who were put into situations

out of their control.

valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not have the option to switch to my old phone because my old phone was the Samsung Galaxy S5 and it DIED!!  I was without a phone for 2 months before finally getting the note - so going to my old phone was NOT an option.  I finally purchased the phone I waited for - and it was RECALLED and I was FORCED to downgrade to another phone I did not want!!  I will be switching to iPhone and possibly to AT&T after this ordeal!   You lost another long time customer, Verizon!  BAD BUSINESS.

Snunn0219
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for responding but please let your bosses bosses know what is going on here.

Many note 7 customers were forced into getting a lesser phone because of the recall. Now we are stuck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have the available device of your choice and I'm here to help. Let's review your options. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.   AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

KJTBUG
Enthusiast - Level 2

What options?????  I WAS TOLD BY VERIZON MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO PAY OFF MY CURRENT PHONE before I could get a Note 8.  I NEVER SHOULD HAVE SWITCHED TO VERIZON. Thanks for [Removed] us all over.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator