Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
KJTBUG
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone checked with other carriers with regards to their payoff programs to see if it is beneficial to switch from Verizon so we can get our Note 8?

0 Likes
Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
valerie14432
Enthusiast - Level 3

T-Mobile will buy out your Verizon contract!  Then start fresh with them. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
PUP154
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to T-Mobile yesterday and this is what I was told................... They do not allow device payments over $40 per month, so they require a $210 down payment on the Note 8 and then $30 per month.. All in it was going to cost me $299 up front per line to switch to T-Mobile. Yes, they would buy out my contract ($495 owed on current Verizon contract), but I would still have to pay out $598 for 2 lines.

0 Likes
KINNISON_PHILLIP
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just had this reply on my post just a little bit ago! Looks like Verizon is hearing you guys and willing to help out! I also was able to upgrade by switching a upgrade eligible phone on my account over to my phone so I could upgrade my phone back to the note. It transfers the current payments for my phone to that other phone so, technically you will stay have to pay for the phone you were given after the note 7 debacle. But, you get to go back to our beloved Note! This option looks to be legit if you get the right representative.

duplicate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Here you go all...I just sent a message to Ronan Dunne via the website link.  This page lists the leadership of Verizon and other than the CEO, allows contact via the website messaging/e-mail.

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

Remember, despite the aggravation, be respectful.  These folks aren't the poor customer service reps but high level execs within the company.  Presenting the argument in a clear and respectful fashion just might gain the response we want.

TedKord
Contributor - Level 1

You get $425 off for either the S7 or Note 5 through Samsung's offer (if you were a Note 7 owner who returned).

0 Likes
Torij1825
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was the note 7 owner amd I have my s7edge paid off i been on samsung website for 3 days trying to preorder note 8 and you either have to pay balance after they take the 425 off for trade in or go through Samsung finance apparently for what ever reason Samsung finance denied me on financing the balance so now I have to either pay the balance of not get the phone with promotion... sounds like a bunch of [removed] to me

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

valerie14432, no one anticipated what did happen with the Note7. This was unfortunately and we apologize for your experience with this device. The promotional offer for the Note8 is available to all customer not previously Note7 users. Any recall options for the Note7 users must work directly with Samsung as they are the manufacturer. Our current promotion through Verizon you would qualify for but your previous device must be paid in full in order to take advantage of the trade in offer.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

TechnoGeek4Life
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like sprint is going to be allowing note 7 buyers to upgrade to the note 8 when they hit 50% pay off on there S7 device payment plans.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Note-Series-Knowledge/Can-Note-7-buyers-upgrade-to-a-Note-8/...

Come on Verizon do the right thing and offer the same to us.

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Samsung financing is like every other credit application; they aren't a cell service provider who may overlook credit oopses of someone who has been a customer for a while with no payment issues.

In your case, with the Edge paid off, Verizon is offering a larger reduction in the price of the Note 8 over the 24 month payment period.

0 Likes