Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
TEDKORD1968
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you barred from discussing the resolution publicly? Love to hear what happened.

0 Likes
Re: Previous Note 7 owners - how do we upgrade to the Note 8 without being penalized by Verizon?
CANWAS45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave my word that I wouldn't.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I believe the phone should be unlocked if you got it from Verizon. Do you have the developer options turned on? In there it has an option to OEM unlock. I think the problem you may have is that the phone itself is not compatible with T-mobile something in the hardware. Did you check with T-mobile to see if you unlocked the phone if it will work under their network. If you go into settings-about phone- and then tap build number I think 7 or 9 times it will turn your developer mode on.

0 Likes
1179NISHA
Enthusiast - Level 3

i would AT LEAST think we wouldn't have to pay the $30 upgrade fee. I wanted my note 7.

1179NISHA
Enthusiast - Level 3

SO here's my question. Since you know there is a 14 day trial period, why doesn't Verizon hold all traded phones for that time period. That way if I decide against the phone or something happens, I can bring you back your phone and get my old one back!!! NO HARM, NO FOUL!

mama23dogs
Legend

1179NISHA wrote:

SO here's my question. Since you know there is a 14 day trial period, why doesn't Verizon hold all traded phones for that time period. That way if I decide against the phone or something happens, I can bring you back your phone and get my old one back!!! NO HARM, NO FOUL!

Pity that isn't policy.  However, don't you have 14 days to mail back your old phone after getting the new one?

0 Likes
1179NISHA
Enthusiast - Level 3

i think so if you order online but what about in store?

0 Likes
JPSPAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

The thing with this is:

1...$425 off 929.99=$504.99 paid to Samsung, give up current phone which you can continue paying on or pay it off

2....Pay off current phone (approx. $462) and get $480 credit off Verizon's $960 price

VERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE.  Still paying full price for phone. Pay off plus discounted cost.

Now my 2cents worth as what I believe it should be!!!

Verizon is offering $480 off with a number of qualifying trade ins and Samsung is offering the Note 8 for $504.99 to previous Note 7 owners, therefore We should get the Note 8 for $24.99 plus of course paying off or continuing current contract.

Verizon is going to trade in all the S7's they get for discounted Note 8 shouldn' they pass that on.

What say you?

ginsacca221
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had conversations with Samsung and Verizon over this and basically the response is the same. They don't feel any sense of obligation to make this right for their customers. All I keep hearing is "if we do it for one, we would have to do it for all" And to that I respond "as you should!" I'm done giving my money to Samsung and Verizon! This is a bigger problem for both when they lose their base.

mama23dogs
Legend

You mean all those used S7 you had for 10 months, that are worth $300 if refurbished at their expense and resold?  

How is this different from if you had an annual upgrade? 

You would have paid half the cost of a phone, but had to return it and pay full price on a new one. 

You seem to think Verizon owes you a freebie or deep discount.  They don't.