Problem exchanging my note 7 for a different color
Jcoppin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to return my defective note 7 for another note 7 of a different color. When I called Verizon wireless customer service, they said this shouldn't be an issue. I ended up bringing my note to one store in Long Island and they said I would have to pay a restocking fee of 35 dollars is I wanted another color. A restocking fee for a phone that's recalled and faulty????? The service rep kept telling me that it's in the contract and it's not Verizon's fault. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Problem exchanging my note 7 for a different color
FAIGUY9
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I had the exact opposite experience. Traded in 2 Note 7's for 2 new ones. No restocking fee and they asked if I wanted the same colors-but it wasn't a requirement. Same with the man sitting next to me, they asked him what color he wanted-so obviously be had the option to change colors if he wanted.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The restocking fee is valid.

Nowhere in the recall state that you can switch colors (although to be fair it doesn't say you cant either).

But per carrier restocking fee rules if it's different color you are charged. Maybe "some" are overriding it; but they do not have to.

Also seeing how you kept using the Note even though you were not supposed to, that shows you accepted everything with it. If you want a different cooor I suggest calling Samsung and see what they say. It will be probably no; but at least you tried.

ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for posting that FAIGUY9.

0 Likes
Jcoppin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I kept using the note because I didn't have another phone.to switch too, and the stores I went to were not giving loaner phones.

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well,I just thought it would be nice to turn a negative(having to go through all this drama),

and turn it into a positive(trying a different color),

but I really could care less at this point..

0 Likes
ghnote
Enthusiast - Level 3

I kept using my Note 7 also. That wasn't even an issue in my phone swap.

0 Likes
SHOANG

That’s odd, I was asked what color I wanted when getting the
new Note 7.

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Went to exchange mine today,lot of people waiting ahead of me,too tired to wait so I will try again tomorrow...

0 Likes
Jcoppin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree with you.

0 Likes