Problems with Note 3 update
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried for weeks to NOT install Lollipop update...but incessant reminders and an errant tap installed L 5.0 yesterday totally by mistake. That is my first complaint...users should not be forced to update; especially when update is broken and Verizon and Samsung knows that. Uggghhhh!

Overall a few nice features, update seemed to go smooth, but I do have some new problems.

The ONLY issue I had with Kit Kat 4.4.4 was inability to easily do a screen shot...only easy way was to use s-pen, hold button and press on screen; an excellent solution.  All other methods would not work...I tried everything.

So now after 1 day I have these problems with Lollipop:

- S-pen = no screen shot via button hold and press screen; but now press home+power buttons works, s-pen floating menu screen write captures screen OK

- s-pen floating window GMD air command widget no longer works; always says it failed

- Frequently I get a notice that some app is no longer working....not that I was trying to use it; started via startup earlier, but now dead.

- touch key lights at bottom of device (set to always be 'on') turn off at any time; only fix is to restart OS

- I use Swipe Home app and swipe up from home button no longer works, tho swipe to left or right does work. I wrote to app dev.

So am I happy? No, but not devastated either.  I'll wait and see if more problems arise; I'm not inclined to do a hard reset hoping it will fix anything as I can do everything so far...just use a different approach. And even with a recover via Kies, the icon and pages setup would need to be done manually; a big job for my setup using 196 downloaded apps

Now hoping Verizon and Samsung are monitoring all user problems (many have serious issues) and will fix all via OS 5.x

Well, I can hope anyway!

Doug.S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with Note 3 update
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Eventually you have to update, otherwise you'll be left behind and then things like apps and features of your phone won't work; much like now. It's a lose lose situation.

As for the issues, I don't have a note 3, and may not understand the problem fully, but I'll throw out some suggestions for what I'd try on my phone.

If a widget no longer works, try deleting it from the screen and adding it back.

If an app is no longer working make sure it is up to date.

On the note 3 are you able to do a settings reset?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Eventually you have to update, otherwise you'll be left behind and then things like apps and features of your phone won't work; much like now. It's a lose lose situation.

As for the issues, I don't have a note 3, and may not understand the problem fully, but I'll throw out some suggestions for what I'd try on my phone.

If a widget no longer works, try deleting it from the screen and adding it back.

If an app is no longer working make sure it is up to date.

On the note 3 are you able to do a settings reset?

0 Likes
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Deleting and adding back makes no difference.

I update apps daily...see newest report today: updates of apps make other apps crash (but recover)

Reset easily by restarts, done daily to keep lights always "on" on two bottom of phone keys.

I refuse to do a complete reset to phone and delete all apps and data....did that for 4.4.2 and despite Kies recovery of most apps and data, I have to manually reset the setup....that seems to be another missing feature....recovery using Kies to go back to phone setup (pages, folders, shortcuts) is only a partial solution...takes a couple hours to get back to what I had...and a reset "may not" fix any of the problems I am reporting...it takes an OS update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doug.S, we appreciate your efforts thus far. Some 3rd party applications will conflict with the software update and affect the performance of your device. Let's try running your device in Safe Mode. Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing the issues on your phone.

Click http://vz.to/13rN5NK for the steps on how to place your device in Safe Mode.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes