Purchased a Note 7 from a private party; what can I do with it?
BENSTA45

Purchased a Note 7 from a private party; what can I do with it? I was planning on using it despite the recall, but now it looks like it's being forced on us.

0 Likes
Re: Purchased a Note 7 from a private party; what can I do with it?
Weth
Legend

That is what you call a bad investment.  The writing was on the wall, why would you buy it?

BENSTA45

Because I believed I could root it and disable OTA updates and continue to use it. It's an excellent phone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Can't take it in planes, can't take it on any public transportation. Never will get any update (that doesn't brick it) if anything happens, you have no defense.  It was an excellent phone, but what is done is done.  It was not a good move buying one

0 Likes
JamesSha

Well it is true that Verizon declined the recent update that would have made the phone unchargeable, it would stand to reason that the coming software updates will gradually turn all remaining note 7 into very pretty paper weights. Though they may have collector value in the future, the entire reason for the recall was that some models blew up. Sure the chances are slim, but we always have these devices near us, our families, our children, in our hands or next to our ears. Isn't any chance that a device like this might randomly explode too much of a chance?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The thing is the people who still continue to use this phone and brag about it are foolish. When something happens, which it will they will be the first to blame the cell company and Verizon. Not realizing that they typed in an open forum that they still use it or have it or won't give it up, so they can't make any claims. i wouldn't be caught around someone who used a phone that was a hazard around me.

0 Likes
BENSTA45

I thought that was obviously why I was asking about returning it. I bought it weeks ago, thinking these issues could be resolved. And they probably can be; plenty of developers are working on it. I never stick with the crappy Samsung bloatware; I always root and flash custom ROM's. In any case, I've decided that it might be better safe than sorry, so I'm trying to see where I need to return it. Verizon or Samsung? If a company recalls a product, IMHO they need to be responsible and purchase ALL of them back, from whomever they were sold to. But after visiting Samsung's site, I'm not sure if they will allow for an exchange.

Think of it this way: when there's a safety recall on a vehicle, if you purchased one used, the manufacturer is responsible for fixing that problem. It doesn't matter that I didn't buy the car from them.

0 Likes
BENSTA45

Wow, you read my mind! That's EXACTLY what I was going to do!

[Removed]

inappropriate  content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Returning was not at all obvious from your initial post.  To prevent profiteers, it is not unreasonable that Samsung only would allow exchanges from original buyers.  Good luck whatever your true motives are. 

0 Likes