RCS Messaging (Chat Features)
RAYCAND09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear VerizonWireless,

I'd like to know exactly what your logic is or what exactly is the delay on providing your customers with RCS messaging.

I thought you were "America's Best Network" but you're holding off on some of the latest features that smartphones have to offer today. Yet, you can sell a $1,500 phone exclusivly.... for what?..... A 5G Network that's only currently working in like maybe 10 cities. Priorities!!! If you can sell a $1,500 phone, shouldn't it have the latest and greatest features that smartphone technology can offer today. Yes I know it's on the Pixel, sorry but not good enough! 

Then your representatives are on these forums saying that they're not sure if you're even going to come out with this feature let alone when it will be available. Come on VerizonWireless! Really?!

I've been a customer for over 15 years maybe longer, but change is always a good thing I guess, inevitably. Ijs

Labels (1)
Re: RCS Messaging (Chat Features)
Pool_Shark1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe an update to the S9/10 brought RCS to the Samsung messages app as well as Google messages. 

Imaging my surprise when the note 10 came out without it.

wagado
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just bought the Note 10+ and see Chat Features are not enabled.  

Verizon, you need to get your act together.   

Glorypants
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got word that RCS has been rolled out by Google to all Android phones so I tried it out on my Pixel 4, but guess what, VERIZON doesn't allow RCS. The feature is there, but all I get is a message that says it's not supported by my carrier. My guess is Apple has their hands in Verizon's pocket.

1-star review from me

0 Likes
mploc2

Sad, still no response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mploc2, we apologize that somehow this thread was missed, but rest assured we are here to help in regard to the RCS Messaging issue that some of our customers are having. To ensure we're on the same page, what is the make and model of your device? Are you currently experiencing an issue with the RCS feature at this time?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
RAYCAND09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am still unable to use this feature on my phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus.

Thanks

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know what device you have. I do see that at this time the RCS, or Advanced Messaging feature is available on the Samsung Galaxy S9, and S9+ at this time, but will be expanded to other devices through future updates. For more information on this feature, please see the following link: https://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
a19berning
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it the future yet? We are now 1.5 years out from the rollout and Verizon is still messing up around.  It's about to start finding someone that can stay up with the times. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes