Random Pop Up Ads
KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My boyfriends phone and my phone (note 5s) we just a month ago have been getting random pop up ads at random times. Sometimes its when we unlock the screen, sometimes its when we open our texts, when we open facebook or google chrome. Its different ads. Sometimes its an "attention you have a virius" download this software to get rid of it, others its you won a free playstation, etc. Its really annoying. I can't get them to stop. Ive downloaded VZ protect, AntiVirus, and a few other safe apps and nothing shows a problem. How do I stop it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Random Pop Up Ads
Snn5
Legend

When you factory reset you have to disable automatic app and data restoration.  Otherwise it re-installs the app with the saved data.  Like backing up a virus...it spreads unless you have a clean file first.

View solution in original post

KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

error2.pngerror.png

0 Likes
Wright13

Did you find a fix by any chance? My husband and I just started having that problem 3 days ago.

0 Likes
KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately no. We even factory reset our phones and we still have the issue. Im not sure what to do next and verizon isnt really helping us 😞

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When you factory reset you have to disable automatic app and data restoration.  Otherwise it re-installs the app with the saved data.  Like backing up a virus...it spreads unless you have a clean file first.

KelseyDawn13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We did that. We lost a lot of stuff. So stupid. Im so over this. I wish they would let us get a new phone or trade it in for an s6

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh OK.  Most people just factory reset and never think of the option to disable auto restore since it is set to enabled by default.

B33
Legend

Good Suggestions Snn5)    Just run a Good Antivirus App on your Phone a Payed Version if possible and clear out all your Files as Snn5 suggested by doing a Factory Reset +  running a Internal Phone Clean you'll loose some or most of your stuff but you possible could have picked up the Virus on your old phone just saying and when you transferred to your new phone it moved it there as I said this could of possibly happened.. so before giving all up do what is suggested If what we suggested Does not render the issue go to your local store and have a Rep or Manager look at the phone hopefully they can render the issue if they can't resolve the issue see if they'll at least get you a new Phone..

Good Luck.. B33