Re: Random restarts with Note 4 with ALL Android 6.x updates
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone just crashed again today taking pictures. When the phone crashes taking pictures I cannot even reboot with the power button. I have to physically remove the battery in order to restart the phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concern with the phone rebooting. I would be as well if I am trying to use the basic functions of my phone and was unable to. Please go to Settings > Storage > what is listed as available device memory?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Internal device storage is 20 used out of 32 GB

SD card storage is 21 used out of 29 GB. So there is still plenty of storage space.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the confirmation of the storage, GREMCS30.  Have you had any further trouble with the phone rebooting when taking pictures? Please clear the cache of the camera. Settings> Applications > Application Manager > Camera. Reboot the phone once this has been done and try taking a picture again.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have cleared the camera cache and will let you know if the phone crashes again while taking pictures. Please be aware though that as mentioned in my other messages and my original post my phone is not just crashing when taking pictures. It is restarting when I am tracking my runs with a running app and most often reboots for absolutely no reason at all. I just reach in to my pocket and find that the phone has rebooted itself and I need to enter my password to use the phone.

I really would appreciate a solution that will solve all these issues, not just the camera. And as I asked before since I have been having these problems for almost a year is there any higher level of support I can contact to get the issues resolved more quickly?

0 Likes
GREMCS30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am posting now just about 10 minutes later. I cleared the cache for my camera app and rebooted. I immediately took a picture and CRASH!! After these camera crashes I cannot even just reboot the phone. I have to take off my phone case, remove the back cover, remove the battery, put the battery back in, put the back cover back on and only then can I restart my phone.

Do you have any idea how inconvenient and embarassing it is to not be able to take a simple picture with your phone? This was all fine before Verizon's 6.0.1 rollout!! Can you please help me resolve this problem so I can have a reliable, dependable phone again. I have been living with these issues for almost a year!!!!!

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

GREMCS30​     Per my experience, unless you have insurance, Verizon wont do a thing for you in the end.

I went through numerous reps, escalated, but it was ultimately "either you have insurance, or you can do an early renew and get a new phone". In other words, Verizon wont stand behind the bugs/issues that were caused by the updates. We're all on our own.....unless of course, you decide to pay for the exorbitant insurance.

Have you tried a full reformat? It will likely not fix all your issues, but is about the only real step you can take on your own.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREMCS30, we understand how this can be a concern and want you to be able to use your device. Your best bet would be to do some troubleshooting to determine what is causing the issue. For a faster response, please meet us on Facebook at, Facebook.com/Verizon or by following and sending a DM to @VZWSupport. Since this started, have you tried a Factory Reset on the device?

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JCHoefer

I have the EXACT same issues!  Started about 10 days ago for me.  Locks up in my pocket (battery reset needed), randomly reboots, 15-30 second mini-lockups in apps, goes into alternate boot modes.  Thought maybe the battery was bad, so I replaced it.

No Dice.

Removed the SD Card (in case it was a bad sector)

No Dice.

Safe Mode.

No Dice.

Factory Reset.

NO DICE!

Now I'm scrambling to find an alternate solution for people to reach me for work and on-call.

0 Likes
Dwillian
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having similar problems with lag, freeze, random reboots. I reflashed the phone's firmware using Verizon's Software Upgrade/Repair tool, but that did not fix the problem. I took it to the Samsung Experience center at my local Best Buy and the Samsung representative did a "deep factory reimage" and that did not fix the phone. I also bought a brand new Anker replacement battery, but that did not fix the problem.

Finally, in desperation, I contacted Samsung support (at 1-800-SAMSUNG) and they said there was probably a hardware issue and it needed to be sent in for diagnosis and repair. They sent me a UPS label (after putting a hold on my credit card for $70.31). I sent the phone in and I just now received a message that the phone had been fixed. Their note said the solution was as follows: REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COSMETIC. I'm not really sure what all that means, but it sounds like there was more than one hardware issue with my phone.

I'm supposed to receive the repaired phone in two days (on 4/20/2017). I will post back to let everyone know if they truly fixed the phone. If they did then I will be ecstatic that Samsung was willing to repair a 2 year 3 month old phone that is long past the end of warranty for only $70.31.

0 Likes