Read this verizon
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

So I just got off the phone with a Verizon representative about the problems that me and my wife's are having with are note 4's so they say there is nothing they can do to help us out because we are on the edge plan. They want us to pay 291 for each phone to edge up so we can get into different phones that work. What pissed me off is they say they know there is a problem with the software and the vulnerability of note 4 and someone can hack are phones anytime they wanted. And yet we can't get a 5.1.1 update that would help all of us note 4 owner's out they won't even give us a date to when the update is going to come out hell 6.0 update will be out before we get 5.1.1 update. So thanks Verizon for making your note 4 owner's miserable

Re: Read this verizon
mama23dogs
Legend

Too bad they aren't trained to give you all the options.

THe software update isn't going to fix what ails your phone.  My Note is running 5.0 just fine.  The last update may have been faulty.

A Factory data reset might fix your software, but I suggest a better option since you already had trouble.

Back up your essential data and take the phones to Best Buy, to the Samsung desk and have them flash your phones.

Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

I don't know much about flashing the phones can they put 5.1.1 update

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

No because they don't have it yet.  I did that and it did not take care of the problems at all.  I finally convinced Verizon to send me another phone and it worked better till the last update and they broke it again.  Just waiting to see if they ever bring out 5.1.1 and then, if that doesn't fix my phone, making a move to another phone.  It just seems funny that they break everyone's phone right as an updated phone i.e. Note 5 comes out and then wont send the updated software, but the new phone will have it.  They did that to me on the Note 3 but I won't fall for that again!

Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

We got 2 replacement phones already and they are doing the exact same thing

mama23dogs
Legend

Then the software my be interacting with something else on your phone.

did you restore data to the replacement phone?  (Other than syncing email, calendar, contacts...)

Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

When you say did I restore data on the replacement phones what do you mean by that.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did your apps automatically reload with the settings already as they were on your previous phone??? If so, you could simply have a settings problems with some of your apps. Factory reset the device, but first check the setting so that app settings will not be saved. Then simply add your apps one by one and go thru the settings on each. When you download an app and your phone starts acting up afterwards, the settings for that app may be one of your problems.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

No I had to add them one at a time and the 6 apps I had before  I didn't download them so I could check this phone to see if I was going to have any problems and sure enough the phone started to power off buy it's self so that just one of the problems I am having

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You never said exactly what the problem is.... What is going wrong?  

0 Likes