Refund
dfreshness76

First thing I returned a phone that was unopened which I paid with my debit card 420.04 and only got refunded 398.36 can someone tell me why.  Second they took my upgrade off of that number and my phone is paid off so I'm not sure why it's not showing an upgrade for it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dfreshness76,

We certainly understand you wanting to know why the difference. Did you place the order online? If so, that can be the upgrade fee and applicable taxes? Have you checked documents and receipts via your My Verizon account for the receipt? (http://spr.ly/66061nVng)

Regarding the upgrade option, can you go through the process of upgrading, or is it showing a balance of the device payment plan is owed?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
dfreshness76

So does the upgrade fee not get refunded back because I was going to upgrade but decided to send the phone back.  When did they start charging for upgrades because it use to only charge when you did an early upgrade.  Since I sent the phone back when I go to my account it just says manage device and doesn't give me an upgrade option.  The phone is paid off.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dfreshness76, when was the order initially placed? When was the device returned? When a device is received back at the warehouse, the return is processed which then applies the credit of costs and reversal of the upgrade.

LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dfreshness76

My understanding was that the upgrade fee got refunded if it was returned in 14 days and I returned mine within a couple of days.  So I just looked at my account and it says I can upgrade nov 28 2022 but why since I returned my phone and didnt upgrade it.

0 Likes
dfreshness76

I ordered it on the 28th of Nov and didnt get it till Dec 3 and sent back on the 5th of dec and they got it Dec 12th.

0 Likes
dfreshness76

I was just reading that if you purchase a phone from November 28th through dec 31 that you can return it up to Jan 15th for the holiday return policy. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure you're upgrade dates are correct here. To provide the best support, I recommend reaching out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. Other ways to contact us would be found here: www.vzw.com/support/contact-us . We hope to hear from you soon! - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes