Replace Note 7 with Google Pixel
BUSC001

Can I pre-order the Google Pixel on-line, which will be available 10/20, to replace my Galaxy Note 7 replacement device that appears to be the likely target of another recall due to continued battery problems?

0 Likes
Re: Replace Note 7 with Google Pixel
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

I assure you that we want nothing more than to put a great phone in your hands, and I would be happy to help. Let's make sure we set the right expectation for placing a new order.

At this point in time we are placing pre orders for the new phone and we can place one for you to replace the Note 7. We urge you to reach out to using our social media, chat Contact Us | Verizon Wireless  or customer care (1800 922 0204) channels for assistance with the order. Please reach back out to us for any other questions or concerns and we will be ready to assist.

0 Likes
BELLAPOISON
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck. I tried at two different stores yesterday to explain that I wanted to replace my Note7 with a Google Pixel XL. Both stores would not help me, and said they would only do an exchange for something in the store.

After first store visit, I talked to customer support on Twitter, and customer support had said I should be able to get a refund for my Note7 and re-activate my Note3 while I waited for Pixel XL to arrive. Second store said that customer support "is not retail," and so they could not do what customer support had told me they could do. I spoke with customer support again -- a second rep gave me information that conflicted with first rep (second rep said I could only exchange for something in stock).

I'm hoping that if I wait another day or so, Verizon will get all their reps, both sales and support, on the same page.

FLCLINTRON
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not surprised, just got off the phone with customer service and they told me to do it but I knew the store employees are no help and often rude. I doubt they'll get their stuff together. I've been chatting and talking to them on the phone trying to get around this but they want to charge me sales tax and everything again.

ScottQuimby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question. Go look at your account. On mine, they already removed the monthly payment and restored my upgrade eligibility. So that's cool. Now I just need to know if my Note 7 will have service until the Pixel arrives.

davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

As information is ever-changing, we want to bring everybody up to speed on their options. No longer does a device need to be swapped at a store. Here’s the latest details for exchanging the Note 7: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

0 Likes
ScottQuimby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got off a chat with a rep. She said that I will have service until the Pixel arrives and that all Note 7 taxes and fees will be refunded when the device is returned. On the FAQ above, it states that a box will be sent to return the phone in. So there you have it.......I guess I'm a Google user now.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

I see the Pixel and Pixel XL do not support user micro sd and wireless charging. Bummer!

That is a show stopper for me. You all see anything that comes close to the Note7? Do post.

BELLAPOISON
Enthusiast - Level 2

"You all see anything that comes close to the Note7? Do post."

I would say the Galaxy S7 Edge is the closest thing to the Galaxy Note7. Edge design like Note7, microSD support up to 256GB, fast wireless charging, and I *think* it has the same camera as Note7.

Just depends on whether you are interested in getting another Samsung device.

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for sharing. I am exploring other vendors as well.

0 Likes