Replacement Options
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

As most of you all probably agree, there are few replacement options for the Note 7. I have examined a few options and am still not ready to swap out my Note. I don't fly so that isn't an issue for me and I have had 0 issues with the phone so far. Those of you that have swapped to another phone, are you satisfied or still feeling like you are missing key features in your new device?

0 Likes
Re: Replacement Options
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I had the Note 4 and really liked it; putting that Note 7 into the return box was tough as I really liked that phone.  Now, on that, I went with the S7 Edge.  For the most part it is the exact same phone as the Note 7 with the exception of the stylus, however, any universal capacitive stylus will work; it just isn't "attached" to the phone.

I am still waffling a bit on how I like the "edge" feature.  I don't particularly use that one feature but am also still learning the general features of the phone.  What does irritate me a little at times is that the curved edge does cut into viewing if the page is wide featured...you can see the content but it has some mild distortion as it "falls" off the flat portion of the screen into (or is that onto) the curved area.

My father opted for the S7 as he preferred the 100% flat screen.  I didn't play as much with that phone but what little time I did shows the same general lines as the Note, again, without the stylus. The screen, while it measures only minimally smaller, feels and looks smaller and for me at least, I had a hard time reading the smaller screen with the standard sized/default type size.  I played with increasing the typeface size but it seemed to deplete the available screen space more than it does on the Edge.  I picked up the same type stylus for my father, the universal capacitive, and he is happy with it..he liked that particular feature on the Note as well as he has big hands and trying to type on the virtual keyboard(s) were a lesson in patience Smiley Happy

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I to went for the s7 edge from the note 7.I just wish that I could have held off till something new came out but I did not have a working phone to do that.I do wish that the note 7 was still an option I think that they just over reacted and came out with the second note to quickly. at least there are a lot of better offers for the edge now then when I got it which does not help with  the whole trade in options that I had at the time.Good luck with what ever you decide to do

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

Let me do an add-on Smiley Happy ...gotta love a semi-captive audience.

I also looked at the DROID models as I was a DROID fanatic before I went with the Note 4.  I was OK with Droid through the DROID RAZR model which is the one I had when the Note 4 came out.  I am not positive on the timeline of the next versions, X, Turbo and Moto-Z, but I did look at the Turbo and Moto-Z when the Note recall occurred thinking I would go back.  just didn't like the feel of them and the whole, snap a new this or that onto the phone to get this or that feature for the Moto-Z, just felt like Motorola trying to get people to spend more money. If someone wanted all of those features, now they have to keep track of three different snap covers, which equaled too many avenues for equipment loss and/or failure in my mind.

My DROID RAZR is actually still in use and running well.  I gave it to a friend of mine when his phone hit the ground and he wasn't quite at his upgrade date; the phone was not repairable.  That was 2 years ago and he still uses the RAZR.