Restoring Text Messages
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I accidentally deleted a text conversation; when I checked my cloud storage, I've got messages set to retain the "last 3 months," last backed up yesterday. I clicked to restore them, and I got only 5 messages from that conversation back; there were a couple hundred at least. Why weren't the rest restored if I'm supposedly saving that past 3 months? Is there any way to get them back now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Restoring Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl, deleting information by mistake is never fun and our goal is to make sure we doing everything to get this information back. What is the make and model of your device? What cloud application are you using to save your information? Which messaging application are you currently using on your device?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I'm using the Verizon Cloud app and I'm using Message+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl, thank you for these important details. Did you attempt to back up and restore any additional information that was unsuccessful as well? Is this the first time that this issue has ever happened? Are you able to access the internet with and without a Wi-Fi connection?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't attempt to back up anything else; I've never tried ot restore anything before today, and yes, I'm able to access the Internet both with and without Wi-Fi; I've tried restoring using both.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. I am glad that your internet is working without Wi-Fi. What I would like for you to try now is to reset the Message+ app. This link will guide you on how to go through with the reset: http://spr.ly/6607EXFcf

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes