Restoring text messages from the Verizon Cloud is not working
TheVman

Hi,

I have read several discussions on this and see that many Verizon customers had this issue as of last year.  It appears that the Cloud Version needed to be updated to v 14 but I have v15.2.30.1

The cloud shows I have 90 messages and when I go to Restore, it says Starting Restore from Cloud and then says Restore from Cloud Complete. When I go to Messages, I do not see the text messages.  I tried going to Settings and selected Restore messages but it says I have No files.  I also tried Messages + and tried to restore there but the 90 messages have not appeared either. I did a full restore and it restored all my pictures back to when I had purchased the Galaxy Note 4 on 11/28/14.  I don’t know why it isn’t restoring the text messages.  Am I missing steps or does the Cloud restore the Messages somewhere else?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Restoring text messages from the Verizon Cloud is not working
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to verify:

You're connected to Wi-Fi. Open the Verizon Cloud on your phone. Select the 3 hortizontal lines on the left. Select tools. Content restore and nothing happens?

0 Likes
TheVman

Hi,

It goes through the process where it restores then says restore is complete.  However, when I go to Messages nothing is in there and when I switch to Messages Plus and select Restore Messages and select the horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner, then select Restore Messages, nothing happens.  Now as I mentioned earlier, I had 90 messages.  As a test I uninstalled Cloud and installed it again.  When I went to Content Restore, now it says I have 158 messages.  They are in there on the cloud, I can't get them onto the phone.

Not sure what else to do.

Thanks,

Vito

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

But those are the steps you're taking to restore?

Other things to try are making sure both message+ and the cloud app are up to date. You can also delete the data and cache from both, restart your device and try again.

0 Likes
TheVman

Hi,

Yes those are the steps I am taking to restore.  When you say delete the data, delete from the cloud?  How do I cache?  I uninstalled Messages + and selected Restore from online. It restored a few more but not all 158 messages.  What should I try next to get all 158?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No no, don't delete them from the cloud. You can't uninstall message+ - it's a stock app. If you uninstalled updates, go back into your google play store and update it.

0 Likes
TheVman

Hi,

I did a Factory reset as I read on the boards that this might work.  It did to a degree.  When I went to my Galaxy Note 4 and went to the cloud, clicked the 4 horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner, I selected Tools.  I selected Content Restore and it shows me I have 419 messages.  I unchecked everything but kept the Messages checked. I clicked Restore, it says it is completed.  When I go to Messages + it brought back about 20 messages and not the 419.  I logged onto the Cloud on My Verizon and see the pictures on the cloud but Messages is not on the selection list.  This makes no sense to me because Cloud on the phone shows 419 messages, so why wouldn't they be on the Cloud when I log onto a browser?  Also, since the restore is complete, where do these messages go?  i.e. where do I restore from and where do I restore to if Messages + isn't getting all 419?

Thanks,

Vito

0 Likes