Ringer/Notifications not muted when headphones plugged in?
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. I recently upgraded from the Galaxy S3 to the Note 4 and have found that unlike on my S3, when I've got headphones plugged into my Note 4, the ringer and notification sounds still play through the external speaker. Is there a way to adjust so that ringers/notifications only play through the headphones when they're connected?

0 Likes
Re: Ringer/Notifications not muted when headphones plugged in?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl,

I understand wanting to be able to receive your notifications through the headset. Do the notifications also play in the headset or only on the external speaker? Is it all notifications that play on the on the external speaker or just some? Have you tried different headphones to see if you stil have this issue?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I can tell, it's all notifications (i.e.: phone calls, texts, emails, etc.) And no, I've not tried different headphones; didn't realize that could be an issue. I recall on my S3, whenever headphones were plugged in, it'd display the little headphone icon in the notification panel and a quick "Headphones connected" message would display right after I plugged them in; I get none of that on the Note 4. Should I?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl,

The additional details are truly provided. Please go ahead and test out another pair of headphones so we can make sure its not just an issue with the headset being recognized by the device. Please keep us posted.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I take that back, it DOES give me the brief "Earphones connected" message and icon, but the icon goes away with the message. I also just tried a different set of earbuds (an entirely different brand) with the same result; notifications still play through the external speaker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xprimentyl,

Let's look into this further for you. Does your earphone jack seem damaged or look as though it has corrosion? When did you notice this issue started?

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
Xprimentyl
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone is in perfect condition, barely two weeks old, never been

dropped, etc., and it's never muted the external speaker with the

headphones plugged in; it's not something that just started all of the

sudden.

On Feb 21, 2015 11:11 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much, Xprimentyl. I've sent you a private message. Please reply there.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes