S Voice dissappeard after 4.4.4 update. What happened?
Billyjams

For some reason, S voice, which was working fine on my note 3 before, is now completely gone from my phone, including my application manager.  No where to be found and I've searched all over the phone.  Anyone know what happened?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S Voice dissappeard after 4.4.4 update.  What happened?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billyjams,

This is certainly not normal! We'll help get your S Voice back. Although it's unusual, sometimes software updates don't go as smoothly as they should. Usually I recommend clearing the cache and force stopping the app, but if it's not showing up in your app manager then this is not an option. Can you try looking in just one more place for me please? If you go to Menu -> System settings -> Application manager -> All -> Google search -> Clear defaults you may be able to choose between either Google Search or S Voice. If S Voice is there please go ahead and select it. Then let us know if S Voice appears in the phone and if you're able to use it.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billyjams Let's see what's going on with your S Voice feature. What happens if you double tap the home key, which is used to activate s voice?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: S Voice dissappeard after 4.4.4 update. What happened?
Billyjams

When I double tap the home screen, there's a quick blink but otherwise nothing happens

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billyjams,

This is certainly not normal! We'll help get your S Voice back. Although it's unusual, sometimes software updates don't go as smoothly as they should. Usually I recommend clearing the cache and force stopping the app, but if it's not showing up in your app manager then this is not an option. Can you try looking in just one more place for me please? If you go to Menu -> System settings -> Application manager -> All -> Google search -> Clear defaults you may be able to choose between either Google Search or S Voice. If S Voice is there please go ahead and select it. Then let us know if S Voice appears in the phone and if you're able to use it.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes