SD Card
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

The reason why I need the Android 5.0 update is that I can't use the external SD card to move my files to. When is it coming?!

0 Likes
Re: SD Card
Snn5
Legend

You can move music documents and media to the SD but not apps.

Transfer Music Files Samsung Galaxy Note Edge | Verizon Wireless

n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

I appreciate your response, thanks, but I need to move files around on the SD card; like documents from Google Drive, and I can do it on my Note 4 with Lollipop, but not on my Note Edge.

This is a serious work device for me, not just a toy for music and pictures.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What about downloading a different file manager like ES File Explorer from the Play Store?  I have never owned a phone that didn't have a file manager.  The only Samsung I ever had was a G Nexus and even it had a FE on it.  Using Google Drive, when I download from mine it goes to my Downloads folder, which on my LGs and the Gnex I had a Downloads icon in the app drawer.

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

ES File Explorer is my go-to, and it doesn't work.

"Your system forbids ES from writing on external SD card (check https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=67570), so ES can only write on it after rooted."

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you reformatted the card from within the phone yet?  Perhaps somehow it has been write-protected.

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup. It's a known issue that was fixed with Lollipop. That's [part of] why this update is important.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, I guess, until the update arrives just download to the PC and write to the card if possible.  Surely you can move files with a PC in mass storage mode at least.

0 Likes
n900mixalot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that I have Lollipop, all is well.

0 Likes