Samsung Galaxy Note 3 no signal and dropped calls?
David9723
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 worked fine when I got it and had service almost everywhere but for the last few months I keep getting dropped calls and no signal and no network errors. Is there a tower down in the Charlottesville, VA area?

Using 4.4.2

last software update SM-N900V_MJE_to_NC4

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 no signal and dropped calls?
NuttyJeeps

I've has the same problem with mine since the last software update. Drops all the time. Doesn't know what it wants. 3g or 4g always goes between them both. Used to strictly only have 4G and no problems... disappointed lately with it but have just been dealing with it

0 Likes
Dr01dg1rl

My husband and I LOVED these phones when we got them but since the latest update the SUCK!  Verizon do something about the battery life and dropped calls or we're outta here!

0 Likes
jlawr33

I'm having the same issue as well. I have an AT&T work phone and my wife is also Verizon with a different phone. I HAVE HELD ALL THREE PHONES IN SAME PLACE AND NOTE 3 IS THE ONLY PHONE WITH NO BARS

0 Likes
Dresden
Enthusiast - Level 3

At the same time as the 4.4.2 update, Verizon updated their 4G network.  Between the two updates, they've completely ruined the Note 3.  It worked perfectly beforehand, and is now just a shiny paperweight.  You won't get Verizon to help you - there have hundreds of these exact same topics on this board and they refuse to do anything about it.  My suggestion is to just let T-Mobile buy out your contract.  Speak with your wallet.

0 Likes
Cnotexxx

My wife and I are having the same issues, it has been really bad over the past couple of months. I have been with verizon a very long time, and have not experienced service like this before. The phone was fine a few months ago, and wish someone would look into this issue, I have found similar post all over.

0 Likes
olblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just thought to look on here about this topic.  I thought it was my location.  As you said, when I got the phone I was tickled pink, I could actually sit in my house and talk on it, and tex.  I used to have to go out and wonder around the yard to find a signal.  Not any more.  BUT THEN Something happened.  I can't even tex in the house.  I have to go out and wonder around to do either.  As I read, this is a prob with many people.  Wow, does Verizon not really care?  I love the phone.  I have no land line, my cell is it, what happens if there is an emergency here at home?  I cannot call 911.  I'm a bit bewildered.  Why would a company not address this issue?  Gonna go talk to peeps in the local store, although I know they will just look at me like I lost my mind and not understand. I do have a Verizon hot spot for our internet, as you can read it works fine.  

nerd4mit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I posted the same problem.  Post what happens if you go to the store. It just occurred to me with all the posts about this issue going back months that Verizon is in essence charging for service it knows it is not providing. I'm thinking of submitting an FTC complaint.

Nakrohtap
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I have the Note 3 and have the same issue.  The issue started when the new frequency (band 4) was activated on the phone.  The phone works as it did before the update OUTSIDE.  While inside my house now, I cannot make or receive calls or send texts.  I don't have a landline either.  I didn't think I would need one with Verizon.  This issue also seems to be affecting Samsung phones for the most part (most notably the Note 3).

I am on the EDGE plan and am HOPING that this issue does not exist in the Note 4.  I will talk to a rep beforehand to see what my options are if I "try" the Note 4 for reception at my home.

This is the main reason I left Sprint years ago.  Now, it's just like Sprint.

If I want crap service, I can take my 4 lines and get Sprint for $100 a month right now and still not be able to make calls.

At least if I am not paying an arm and a leg for NO SERVICE AVAILABLE, I won't feel as bad.

I had zero issues before this update a few months back.  It takes a hit on battery life as well because it can never find a signal.   I used to be at like 1% time without a signal before the update.  Now, it can be anywhere from 40-60%, which is ridiculous for a premium phone.

This can only be linked to 2 issues IMO:

1. Bad batch of radios in the Note 3's that are underpowered.  The newer ones don't seem to have as many issues.

2. New frequency is overriding the 3G and band 13 LTE signals.  Apparently, there is no way to turn off band 4.

A network extender would be a waste of money too if Verizon wanted to charge someone, because the next phone would probably not have this issue and you would be stuck with it.

steelreign
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife has the S5. We sit on the couch side by side and she has a 4G signal while my Note 3 has no service. Been that way since the update to 4.4.2.