Samsung Galaxy Note 4- how do I restore phone back to newer settings after I had to reset it?
Dubling

I Have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I had to reset the phone and now it's showing old settings. How can I put it back to the newer settings when I first got it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4- how do I restore phone back to newer settings after I had to reset it?
Snn5
Legend

OK, then the answer to the question is:  No, you cannot return to the previous colors or version.  Even a factory reset will NOT accomplish what you want to do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4- how do I restore phone back to newer settings after I had to reset it?
Snn5
Legend

What type of old settings?  Are you wanting to go back to the original setup out of the box new, or back to what?  Are you referring to changes since the last update?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4- how do I restore phone back to newer settings after I had to reset it?
Dubling

Thanks for responding. I want to go back to original set-up of new factory settings, when I first got it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | Verizon Wireless

This will reset ALL and EVERYTHING back to defaults as you wish, but it will NOT revert from Lollipop to KitKat. 

Are you trying to go back to an older OS version or just back to factory defaults?

0 Likes
Dubling

I want the phone to be where it was when I first got it, before I had to reset it. If ''older OS version' is what you mean, then yes.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, you cannot revert to your old verison of the OS.  I think there is a miscommunication here:

Do you have bright colors on all your apps like Messaging now (orange maybe) when previously you had blue or less vivid colors?

Check your phone....Settings-About Phone-Software Version  do you see KitKat 4.4.x or Lollipop 5.x?

If you reset the phone, it will go back to whichever OS version you are on right now.  Either way, all will be gone and back to factory settings, not necessarily factory colors.

I you can tell me the above info about the OS Version, I can answer more clearly.

Which do you see first (teal) or second photo (orange?)

use delay message sending in messaging app in Galaxy S5.jpgimages (1).jpg

0 Likes
Dubling

I'm not seeing KitKat or Lollipop in the software version. It's orange.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Thank you.  If you factory reset now using the above instructions/link you will go back to a factory state of defaults, but NOT to how it was out of the box brand new.

What is it you want to change or don't like or what's the problem you are facing?

0 Likes
Re: Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 4- how do I restore phone back to newer settings after I had to reset it?
Dubling

Thank you. I'm not having any problems, just want it back to the way it looked, before it was reset. But why am I not seeing KitKat or Lollipop in the About Phone settings?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, you will be stuck on those colors until a new update comes out whenever that might be in a year or so.

Under About Phone-Software Version-Android Version, what numbers do you see in a x.x.x format?  5.0.1?

0 Likes