Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Marshmallow Update
alfierey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Reaching out to any other Note 5 users here who might be experiencing what I'm experiencing - it seems that after the Marshmallow update literally every app on my Galaxy Note 5 claims I have ZERO network connection  even though the LTE symbol on the top right corner of my screen behaves in such a way that implies it's connected to the network .. Despite this, as a result, these days I'm no longer able to stream media as freely and comfortably as I used to - YouTube is constantly buffering, my entire library on Google play is greyed out - not getting important e-mails, etc .. WiFi is not usually an issue but when I'm on the road or on the train for my commute to and from work every day this is CRUCIAL .. any idea on what this could be? I'm wondering if it's my SIM .. or is Marshmallow to blame?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Marshmallow Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alfierey,

We never like to hear you are having issues with your device after a software update. An update is suppose to improve your phone, not cause issues. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue with your apps not being able to access your data. To clarify, do you have the same issues with the device showing no connectivity when accessing the web browser on your device, or just issues with using downloaded apps? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

Please try removing and reinserting your SIM and testing the data connection while in applicaitons... http://vz.to/1sK3w4C

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

StSomeday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most definitely having the same problems. I have tried everything to fix it, and nothing really seems to help. I especially/1st notice/d the problem when attempting to send images via text message. 1 Image was "sending" for about 6 hours the other day. I have had issues sending photos in the past, but i'm usually promptly sent a "Failed to Send" error message of some sort. The most annoying part to me, is that my device seems to have no idea that it isn't functioning properly... Verizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
StSomeday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something that also started happening around the time of the Update, but unrelated to connectivity. My preferences regarding gestures (specifically the screenshot via palm swipe) keep resetting on their own.

0 Likes
StSomeday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fixed it. Ironically, now that i am on mobile data, this website is horrible to navigate. The fix you are looking for is "soft reset". Worked for me.

StSomeday
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Woke up today and it's right back to sucking... The search continues.

bearone21
Legend

moving on a train, you're in between towers & depends how big the pics are that are being sent, it can take a while.using the network

send the pics when you have a good wi-fi connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alfierey,

We never like to hear you are having issues with your device after a software update. An update is suppose to improve your phone, not cause issues. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue with your apps not being able to access your data. To clarify, do you have the same issues with the device showing no connectivity when accessing the web browser on your device, or just issues with using downloaded apps? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

Please try removing and reinserting your SIM and testing the data connection while in applicaitons... http://vz.to/1sK3w4C

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!