Samsung Galaxy Note 5 "sim card not detected"
pigtails702
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I get rid of the error message "sim card not detected" on my Galaxy Note 5?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 "sim card not detected"
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you all have defective sim cards that need to be replaced.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Smitty927
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been having this issue almost daily.  It even popped up and interrupted me while I was in an app, closing the app.

Anyone in the know??

MLConway5270
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been getting the same error message for about a month.  The only thing the troubleshooter does is tell you to remove, reinsert and restart phone.  I've done this twice, to no avail.

GenoBandino
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same Problem. I remove my case, find my key to open the sim card tray, take out the sim card, put it back in, and close it. Then, I have to put the case back on. This is a pain in the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  It has happened about 5 times now, and if you don't have the key with you, you are [removed] ....and if you are out of town on business and lost without your phone, tough!

hasselbringx5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone figured this out?   Happens every hour 4 to 5 times, have to restart all day

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sounds like you all have defective sim cards that need to be replaced.

0 Likes
gwusimm

But it works fine after restarting the phone...

0 Likes
gwusimm

I have the same problem. It's getting more frequent. Did anyone resolve this issue? Did Verizon come up with a solution?

Thanks,

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I had the same problem a few months ago...random, like 3 times over a month...I had one Verizon tech state that if the phone loses it's signal it will automatically roam....but can't switch back.....IDK, I have a network extender....she said that happens go to settings - mobile networks...and make sure LTE/CMDA is selected....it hasn't happened since...so let me know if this helps

0 Likes
hasselbringx5
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is still happening to my phone.  At least 4 times anyway HOUR.  I've tried everything

0 Likes