Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - "video call" problem
KROB5808

Not sure what's happening, but recently when I receive calls from an iphone I get this weird prompt. It states that my phone is wanting...or thinks the call is a video call and searching for wi-fi but can't connect so it's running on the mobile network..this prompt lasts approx. 3-4 secs and it's gone. What and why is this happening? I went into my phone settings and the video feature is turned off...huh? My phone was connected to wi-fi...huh? I took my phone to a store and showed them and I couldn't get any answers...huh?

I've attached a screen shot, is there a way to keep this from happening?Screenshot_20160912-151938.png

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - "video call" problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KROB5808.  When was the last time you were able to use a video call on your device? Any recent changes to it, such as a software update, etc..? Let's ensure the correct activation steps are taken: http://spr.ly/6588B7XYG

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KROB5808

Kristie,

Thanks for the input and the link to the phone settings...I checked these and....

HD Voice is turned on and under advanced calling, Video calling is turned off.

Problem still persists...

Note: This weird prompt only occurs when an "iphone" is used to call me.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KROB5808, thanks for the information. We know this has to be annoying for you. Usually that message comes up when you are trying to make a video call using data or if you are already on a video call and you try to connect to Wi-Fi. If you click the box and select "Do Not Show Again" What happens?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
anotherhaus
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Verizon this issue is not unique to this user. It started happening to me and others who use the Note 5 after a September software update. Just so you know. It is not a user generated issue, it was caused by a software update. I don't make video calls and it still happens to me.

I notice there's an update today so maybe they fixed it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anotherhaus, thanks for reporting this issue. We don't want this to be an ongoing issue with Video Calling or your regular calls. Are you able to browse the Internet with no issues? Are you connected to a network extender when you have this problem? http://vz.to/1RurdpM

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
anotherhaus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am able to use the Internet with no issues. I am not using a network extender. Again, this started after a recent software update with no other changes to the phone.

I received another software update two days ago. I am unable to confirm if the video call message is fixed because I selected "Don't show this again" on the message, so the phone is suppressing the error. I don't know where to go in the menus in order to turn that message back on (to see if it appears anymore), or if that's even an option; perhaps the original poster here will reply and see if the issue is fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anotherhaus We appreciate the helpful details that you've provided. Error messages can be annoying and we want to find a fix. Let's keep working towards a solution. Please confirm the software version under Settings, About phone, and list the Build Number. To check for video calling settings, go to Settings and tap Advanced Calling. What do you see as an option for video calling?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
Motowojo

I just replaced my recalled Note 7 with a Note 5. I am having the same problem. The biggest issue is that when it does this, it rejects the call and then I have no "missed call" notification.  If I am away from my phone for any length of time, I now have to check recent call activity to see if I missed a call.  I turned off video calling and that did not make a difference. This problem is quite annoying, please offer up a fix.

0 Likes
KROB5808

I've checked all of the settings and anything related to video call has been turned off and I'm still receiving the message.

0 Likes