Samsung Galaxy Note 7 S Pen Errors
Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

My S Pen is not working with my new(LESS THAN A WEEK OLD)Samsung Galaxy Note 7. It's making the screen & keyboard move/type what it wants to. I went through every app that had to do with the S Pen & cleared the data & force stopped the apps. I turned off all the S Pen settings, but the error still exists.

I DESPERATELY NEED some help please. I contacted Tech Coach, & needless to say, she was NO help whatsoever.

Any suggestions/information, would be much appreciated!!

Thank you,

Scorpio2177

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 S Pen Errors
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to be sure your device and accessories are working the way they should Scorpio2177. We will definitely do what we can to help. When did this issue begin? Does the touchscreen on your device respond properly when you are using your finger instead of the S Pen or do you still experience the same issue?

Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

It began just yesterday.

Yes, it does respond normally to my finger touching the screen, it also responds normally to my old Galaxy Note 4's S Pen(even though that S Pen doesn't "work" with the Note 7. It's almost as if there is "magnetic field" that is pulling the pen to create these errors... If that makes sense?

0 Likes
Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I'm still in the 14 day warranty. So unless you get back to me tonight, I'll be trading in my Note 7 tomorrow, for another one...                    

0 Likes
ralpht_vzw
Verizon Employee

Scorpio2177, The S Pen is a great tool and we want to make sure that it works with your phone.  Because you are still in the 14-day worry free guarantee I know that it's important for us to get this resolved asap.  I recommend during a full factory data reset on the phone. The results will let you know if you will need to return the phone as defective for an exchange.  Follow the link for instructions: Factory Data Reset (Powered On) - Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless

Ralpht_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

The built in app is the only contact app I've ever used & I only use my Gmail account to save my contacts bcuz the VZW cloud does not store any information except for the names. I have NO... NONE... NADA... NICHOLAS for contacts as of right now. They are ALL missing. Google themselves even told me, BEFORE they knew what kind of phone I had & had JUST gotten it... Said that it was a problem with the phone itself. Then I noticed that my Google account is not showing up in the built in Android calendar, either.

The S Pen is still not working. I broke down & did an FDR, on Friday October 7th, but it did no good. I am stuck with a phone that I can't afford to pay for & cannot use. I am foolish to ever think that a new phone would solve my problems. None of the stores had any Note 7s in stock before my 14 days came up, last Wednesday. I called ALL over.

Basically, I'm [Removed]!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Since the Samsung Note 7 has continued to have technical problems (i.e. starting spontaneously on fire), all Note 7 can be returned for full refund without any restocking fee or a 14 day limit. Take your phone back and ask for a full refund.

0 Likes
Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm NOT returning my Note 7. Due to several strokes I've had, I HAVE TO USE the S Pen & the Note series phones. Now, the Note 5, doesn't take an SD card, so that option is out & the Note 4 is not compatible with the Marshmallow update.

I tried to exchange my Note 7 in before my 14 days were up, but not one single store in a 50 mile radius of my home had any in, nor had any idea of when/IF they were getting any in.

I paid for a device that does not work, & which I did not have the money for. Now I'm stuck, AGAIN, with a phone that does not work & I have to pay this outrageous amount for it.         

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There will be no replacement Note 7, the whole line is dead,finished,caput.  You will get no support, no updates, no warranty.  The phone is worthless at this point.  Keeping a phone thay has been declared a safety hazard puts you and innocent others at risk.  Your only option is to return the device for full refund and find an alternate device that fits your needs.   The note 7 is not salvageable at this time.  The 14 days no longer matters, all Note 7 will be accepted back for full refund. 

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

JMN, time to get recap, this is like flogging a dead horse. We are part of a very bitter reality of having to give up Note7 with no comparable replacement.