Samsung Galaxy Note Edge using a lot of data
MicheleL

I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note Edge on Saturday.  I have wifi turned on and while I'm at home I do not show any data usage.  As soon as I am away from wifi I have data usage show up every few minutes, even when I'm not using my phone.  I have mostly the same apps that I had on my previous phone and never had this issue.  I've used almost 1 GB in 2 days and prior to this phone I wouldn't even use half of that!

Is there something I need to do to reduce this?  I have my Task Killer app set to aggressive, but I'm still showing data usage almost constantly and my phone is just sitting on my desk at work not being used.

I need to get to Verizon to ask them, but right now it's driving me crazy because at this rate my data won't last a week and I have 6 GB to share with 2 other people.  By the way, their data usage is almost nothing (one of them is a teenager), so I figure it has to be my phone.  They have different phones than I do.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge using a lot of data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MicheleL

Thanks for reaching out. Let's look into this with you. What device did you have previously? We can get this addressed. Some apps like email will  use data even when the device isn't in use. Have you checked to see what's using the data at Setting> Data usage? If so, what is using the data?

Thanks
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MicheleL

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your reply. I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 prior to my Samsung

Edge. I looked in the settings under data usage and it looks like the

Google Play store is using the most data. .64 GB since 2-15. Everything

else is .02 GB or less.

Michele

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have your Play Store setting set to auto-update your apps?  If so, you may want to change that to manual or to update only over wi-fi.

MicheleL

Thank you. I changed it to wifi only updates.  I will check later today and see if the data usage went down.  I really hope that's it!  I appreciate the help. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out what was causing the data usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It seems you found one of the crucial steps to identify what's going on with issue, MicheleL. I appreciate you taking those steps to resolve it. Please, keep us posted if you're still having problems.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
TinyBurrito
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also check that Google+ has background data turned off.  The default is "on" which will back up all of your photos and videos while on the mobile network instead of just wifi. 

0 Likes