Samsung Galaxy Note II USB port problem
burjam

Hi. Recently, the USB port on my Samsung Galaxy Note II stopped working. I can't charge it at all. I looked this problem up online, and the solutions seemed to be either restarting the phone, turning it on and off or getting some repairs. I tried the first two options with no success. So I think I'm going to have to take my phone in for some repairs. Can I go to a Verizon store for this or what? Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II USB port problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

burjam,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your devices charging port. We want you to always have a working device. The steps you have tried are the proper ones to check for resolution. We also suggest trying to clean any debris out of the charging port as well as trying different chargers. If that does not work, and you are under warranty or have insurance, then you are able to get a replacement phone. We do suggest having the phone checked out at a corporate store to check for any possible damage vzw.com/storelocator . Going directly through Samsung is also an option, which I myself have used. You do need to be under warranty in order to take advantage of that. Let us know what route you would like to take.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless doesn't repair phones. You can contact Samsung for your repair options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

burjam,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your devices charging port. We want you to always have a working device. The steps you have tried are the proper ones to check for resolution. We also suggest trying to clean any debris out of the charging port as well as trying different chargers. If that does not work, and you are under warranty or have insurance, then you are able to get a replacement phone. We do suggest having the phone checked out at a corporate store to check for any possible damage vzw.com/storelocator . Going directly through Samsung is also an option, which I myself have used. You do need to be under warranty in order to take advantage of that. Let us know what route you would like to take.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
burjam

Thank you for the concern. I already tried cleaning out the debris, but that

didn't seem to work. I don't live anywhere near a store with Samsung

customer service. So I mailed the phone to someone I know who can get to a

store with Samsung customer/product service. Hopefully they should be able

to fix the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so hard to get your phone working, burjam. Since Samsung manufactures the phone, they're the experts and I'm sure you'll be able to get options when they take a closer look at it. Keep us posted if you need to discuss alternate options for replacement through Verizon Wireless when they take a closer look.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Crave

I am having the same issue. What was the outcome of your issue? Did Samsung fix the problem for free?

0 Likes