Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II VERIZON logo on home button??!
Not applicable

tim1457 wrote:

I'm new to the forums and came on here to hopefully get some advice or information on the Galaxy Note II. I didn't know this was the crybaby anomynous club. Looks like most of you need about 5 lbs. of cheese to go with your whine. What  a complete waste of something that could be informational. Get a life people!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I don't mind leaving my name.

Unfortunately many of the LEGITIMATE threads from people that actually need help get lost in the tsunami of  threads by whiners who feel they are entitled to something and complain about being "ripped off" and having their "rights" violated if they don't get it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tim1457 wrote:

I'm new to the forums and came on here to hopefully get some advice or information on the Galaxy Note II. I didn't know this was the crybaby anomynous club. Looks like most of you need about 5 lbs. of cheese to go with your whine. What  a complete waste of something that could be informational. Get a life people!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I don't mind leaving my name.

hopefully you found this thread:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/780896

and please don't leave your name; posting private info. like that is against the forum's Terms of Service 

0 Likes
DroidXcellent

demmo86rt wrote:

You do realize that a logo on the home button has no effect on functionality right?  For that matter, the blame here should fall on Samsung, if they had stuck with the Android standard of on screen buttons (or even the old standard of capacitive buttons), then Verizon would have had no place to put their logo. While I'm at it, is there any way to remove the Verizon logo from their website?  I don't want anybody to know I'm involved with their forum.

Are you seriously blaming Samsung for having a home button on their phoneon the fact that VZW is forcing their logo on it? I don't see a VZW logo on the iphones home button. I don't see a Verizon logo on the iPads home button either. I dont blame Verizon for differentiating the Note II from the other carriers variants but a logo on the back and at bootup is more than enough in my opinion.

0 Likes
DroidXcellent

For the record I am buying my Note II on the 29th regardless of the home button. I'm buying a kit to remove the button and sand down the verizon logo off it and removing the logo on the back with a generic back plate from the international version. I just had to reply to the other poster who had what I felt was an asinine comment. I don't like VZW branding but thats why I do some cheap and easy labor to undo the damage. :

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, just like there is no way people can be seriously this upset about a logo.

rtmst3k

I don't have a problem with a vendor identifying their variant of the Note 2 -- I have a problem if a vendor goes overboard with this OEM requirement.  The point is not whether or not they have a right to badge the phone as a "Verizon Wireless" device....they've done this on the back of the phone, and also when the phone boots up.  *DONE*

The logo on the home button is just too much -- it ruins the esthetic of the note 2 look

Sprint and AT&T have identification logos on their phone, just like Verizon, on the *BACK*

The button is just too much --

0 Likes
Not applicable

rtmst3k wrote:

I don't have a problem with a vendor identifying their variant of the Note 2 -- I have a problem if a vendor goes overboard with this OEM requirement.  The point is not whether or not they have a right to badge the phone as a "Verizon Wireless" device....they've done this on the back of the phone, and also when the phone boots up.  *DONE*

The logo on the home button is just too much -- it ruins the esthetic of the note 2 look

Sprint and AT&T have identification logos on their phone, just like Verizon, on the *BACK*

The button is just too much --

Really because the at&t and Sprint logos on the back are MUCH larger than the Verizon branding on the home button. And people are MUCH more likely to see those than the home button. In either case why are you ashamed to for people know who you do have phone service with?

tetterbear

If I remember correctly, my Note 2 has a logo on the button. It also has the same logo enlarged on the back. At least the other carriers have the decency to make a phone look ugly. Btw I am a long time Verizon customer, but recently since they have **** their customers over. My family has decided to drop verizon once our contract is up. BTW, verizon is a terrible provider, considering they are really **** people over on prices, especially when it data isnt even unlimited anymore. Lets see, the base data package is 50 bucks a month for 2gb. We also have to pay a monthly 40 dollar fee (per smartphone line) just to have a smart phone. Verizon is a greedy corporation who only cares about profit. Sadly, thats what most companies are now.

<< Comment removed to comply with >>

<< Please refrain from making personal comments to or about other users >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

sadly I think you are just a person who created a second account to say what you said.  Happens on every forum. 

If you believe you are being shafted on pricing then start your own mobile network, and also stop comparing MVNO's as actual networks.  The reason why those "seem" cheaper is because it's like comparing whole sale and retail.  Two different animals and cost for maintenance.

DHeart112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Palease quit your crying and grow up.