Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Samsung Galaxy Note II and its SIM CARD
meti

Does anyone know if the version that Verizon will carry supports swapping the sim card with a local one when abroad?

I know they consider it "Global Phone" however sometimes by that they mean "using Verizons roaming and having to pay fees when in Italy let's say". So before I order it, I would like to know that it actually supports putting in a sim card from abroad, and that I don't have to pay Verizon when I am on vacation somewhere else.

I chatted with two different representatives today, and the first told me "No, you can't" ....while the second told me "Yes, you can". When I asked them if there would be a specific department that would know the answer for sure, she said "Sign up by the device and try it yourself, you can cancel in 14 days." -- however I don't want that either, don't have time to test it - so I am asking here.

Also, what about the Verizon HTC Droid DNA? Does that support swapping the sim card?!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II and its SIM CARD
mikalos

The question i asked at a store is if the "GSM SIM card side was unlocked when i bought it" and i was first told NO, that there was a 6 month waiting period! When i clarified that i was a long term Verizon customer, they said "oh yes, for existing customers it is unlocked immediately".

I had described my need to use a local SIM card when overseas, and i was told that would be just fine.

YMMV . . .

0 Likes