Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
cgates77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  I have always had good service with my Note 3 in my home up until about 2 weeks ago.  Now every time I call or text I have to go outside, walk around and hope that they go through.  I also have called Verizon and was told that there were no problems in my area.  I have also factory reset my phone and that did not help either.  My husband and daughter both have I phones with Verizon and their service is good.  This is my second Note 3 since January.  The first one would not stay connected to WiFi and was replaced under warranty.  I am about ready to SCREAM!!!

csjack2014
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

Stop acting clueless. I reported this issue in a trouble ticket initially stating my signal issues occurred after the kit kat update. You tried to debunk this and stated that due to my dropped calls, you were pursuing a tower issue.

For three weeks,  I was told I would receive updates and never did. Supervisors escalate the ticket because it's what the customer wants to hear. Meanwhile you do absolutely nothing.

While on the phone, my ticket gets closed with the resolution of "spotty coverage area" I have had almost full signal at my location for almost 8 years until the software update in May.

After 7 calls and 8.5 hours between your hold time and getting bounced between agents,  I finally got the agent to admit there is internal document that shows Verizon and Samsung trying to address the issue.

Stop asking people with these similar issues to wipe their phones and requesting zip codes when you know the answer. Maybe if you spent half as much time fixing your software, not filling phones with garbage bloatware, and bashing the other networks, perhaps you would stop looking like fools and thieves.

There are options, and my other AT&T service puts you to shame on coverage.

harleydavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I couldn't have said it better myself! To me it just makes it that much worse when these ridiculous support technicians are still telling folks to reset, wipe phones and change sim cards. The canned responses make we want to hurl!  I realize they are being told what to do after the fact but I'd be a bit more understanding if I was told Verizon and Samsung identified an issue and are working on fixing it.

Like I've said before I'm going to be shopping in a few months!

0 Likes
svan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Support Team:

Unfortunately my device has had some water damage, however, this was after I started experiencing the service issues. The service issues started pretty closely after the last software update, KitKat. I spilled some water on my counter and accidentally laid my phone it in, which did not affect the phone at all but unfortunately turned the "water damage" stickers pink. Again, this was recently and far after the service issues started. There are records of me calling into the call center reporting the issue as well as going to the local store to report the issue.

I will be happy to go get a new SIM card, but quite honestly I doubt this will solve the issue. It sounds like there are numerous other people who have gone through these identical steps to no avail. I wish you all would provide an option for customers given this seems to be a known issue. Seems like Verizon could be opening themselves to a greater liability here if this issue persists. But anyhow, I do appreciate the relative responsiveness as I know it is not the front line associates that are the problem. Thank you for your time!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want to get a replacement for the malfunctioning phone, you will have to go through insurance and not warranty since the water damage stickers have been triggered.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
svan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point I have decided to cancel my service. I figure its $350 to cancel, however I get $10 off for every month of my contract I have completed, which should bring me down to about $250. I feel sick to my stomach at paying anything additional, but I won't continue to pay for a service ($100 a month), where I do not get the service I am paying for, doing so would make me even more sick to my stomach. And I am not upgrading my device and paying full price... that is just ridiculous. I cannot fathom how customers could be treated in this way. I would be doing anything I could to make sure my customer sentiment remains high. For a company like Verizon, how costly would it be just to offer a free upgrade to everyone reporting this issue? Seems like a relatively cost effective fix where you come out on the other end with a happy customer. Making your customers make multiple trips to a store to fix this issue is ridiculous. Anyhow, good luck to anyone else having this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for reaching out to us today svan1. I definitely understand how important a properly functioning device is. Unfortunately if the device does have water damage the warranty would be voided on the device. The next best recommendation would be to file an insurance claim since the device has been physically damaged. Do you have insurance on the device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
brewer9

My note 3 stopped receiving wifi at my house.  Very strange - it has worked fine for 3 months but has now stopped working.   My wife's galaxy s4 works perfectly well.  There is clearly some problem with the note 3 that is being covered up.

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issues with my Note 3.  Someone can be sitting right next to me with a Verizon Motorola phone or iPhone and they have full 4G and I have No Service or 1x.  Can't anyone at Samsung or Verizon fix this?

0 Likes
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree completely. I am having all the same issues with the same ridiculous advice from technicians both at Verizon and Samsung.  How can we make Verizon and Samsung Listen and do something about the Note 3 reception issue?

0 Likes