Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
NotaMobilePhone
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Rep... have your really read none of the literally hundreds of posts here stating that removing the Sim card and factory reset does not work? 

tgtl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also been having the same issues with the horrendous reception on the GN3. I bought mine about 2 weeks after the release, and it started off pretty good, but after one of the updates is when it started getting bad. I also carry a GN2 for work and I can sit and compare the difference in signal strength and it is almost amusing how bad the GN3 is.

I too have contacted VZW about the issue and made a case, of course they came back and said I was in a marginal area so that was the cause. The fact that I have a GN2 and 2 GS4s all on VZW in my home and none of those have the issue is irrelevant. It loses connection indoors and outside, drops calls on a regular basis, but VZW refuses to acknowledge and attempt to fix the issue. The technician told me to call ### after each dropped call, hard to do when there is no service.

They are the largest carrier in the country, if they put their foot down with Samsung and told them to fix the issue if it is on their end, something would be done.

If the issue is not addressed shortly it has pretty much come down to getting a new phone, but it will not be from these crooks. They sell you and then are unwilling to back up the sales and service. I am tired of the poor service and high prices from someone who technically works for me. Apparently VZW and most consumers have forgotten how that relationship SHOULD work. If we all start switching maybe they will remember.

ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it's Verizon, not samsung. It would appear that dropped calls and no service are common on the Verizon network. I'm having the same issue. ..2-3 bars of 4G service, but can't make a call because of no service, but my boyfriend's Note 3 on the AT&T network works just fine in the same place at the same time. I've done everything I've been told to do except factory reset the phone. I don't want to do that and deal with downloading all the apps and losing progress on games unless I'm assured that it will help. Based on others' experience, I'm not confident. I will be switching service when my contact expires unless this is addressed by Verizon. This is the best phone I've ever owned and it's next to useless on the Verizon network. That's not acceptable, especially since it's my home phone and I can't reliably use it at home with mobile service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ghostndragon,

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been experiencing.  Overall Verizon Wireless has the most reilable network.  However, there can be areas of opportunity or device issues that cause dropped calls.  I would consider completing the factory reset to see if it will improve your service.  If it does not improve, then we can look into exchanging the sim card or the phone itself. 

You can use our Verizon Cloud to back up all of your information before the reset; http://vz.to/1rVG0ux

Here are the reset instructions ; http://vz.to/1mOhgS7

Let us know how it goes!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tgtl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done a factory reset twice. Still no difference. Honestly, I am tired of hearing excuses and want something done to alleviate the situation. I carry 2 phones at all times, the GN2 and the GN3. The 3 constantly drops connections, today it even dropped GPS about every 10 minutes while driving. This is on a major interstate with no major obstacles.

THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THESE PHONES JUST STEP UP AND FIX IT.

--- Original Message ---

ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Cloud will not back up game progress. That being said, I've

contacted customer service via phone and was told that a phone reset would

not help, as the phone is working just fine (I called from somewhere other

than home). He has escalated the issue and Verizon will look into what

might be interfering with my signal at home. Resetting a phone isn't the

solution to all problems. Sometimes, in fact, the problem is Verizon.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
tgtl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the problem is generally verizon. I am going to visit another provider this weekend, may be time to change. I don't like working with companies that refuse to acknowledge an issue and address it. My customers would fire me if I provided that kind of service.

--- Original Message ---

theguyinbox
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is the radio build in the kitkat update. You can root your phone and revert back to a previous version of the radios, but that's a pita...if they're not even acknowledging the problem exists then that probably means that an update fix isn't even in the works.

0 Likes
johnq30

I am in the same boat. No one knows anything about the problem when you call and spend an hour doing resets. Multiple replacements of sim and phone and now they offered to end my contract early. I just want service I had with a phone they sold me. The radio explanation makes sense to me. 

0 Likes
my9catsand2dogs
Enthusiast - Level 1

And here I thought I was the only one. I have always had Samsung phones. Was with Sprint many years because of the plan. Last year I switched to Verizon because I was only getting 1-2 bars. I live on Long Island and am surrounded by cell towers. With Verizon I got the galaxy note 3 which I absolutely LOVE except for one problem. The phone service is awful. Dropped calls, unable to answer, and consistent 1 bar signals. As a smartphone it is great. As a cell phone NO. I can now upgrade and am debating to get the galaxy not 4 or switch to another brand.

Are there any smartphones with Verizon that provide more than 1 bar?