Samsung Note 10+ 5g Camera Issues - Pics grainy and out of focus
SxTx

Almost all of my pictures, are grainy or out of focus.  I've seen that this is a common issue with this model and with the S10 model on other boards.  Does anyone have a fix for this??!?!

My wife's iPhone is taking better pics than this $1200 Note 10+ and I'm beyond upset!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5g Camera Issues - Pics grainy and out of focus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to enjoy the photyography features of the device. Are you using the native Camera or a 3rd party application to take the photos? What type of Auto Focus settings are in place on the device and do they work when tapping the screen before the picture? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
SxTx

I am using the native camera app, NOT a 3rd party app.  I have the basic settings and yes, I do tap the screen before taking a picture to focus on the subject I'm shooting.  

I've read through message boards and see that this actually is a known issue on some Note 10+ phones, but not all.  I have checked that I am using the latest firmware and also cleared my caches on the phone and still the clarity issue with pictures exists.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These details are helpful, SxTx. When did this begin? Have you checked for any obstructions to the camera lens? Does this issue continue in other camera apps? (Instagram, Snapchat, etc)

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
SxTx

Looking back, it seems that this has always been an issue, more so with indoor photos.  Though, it is still apparent in some outdoor photos as well.

There are NO obstructions to the camera lens.  

Yes, I still see the issue with Instagram photos.  I do not use any other camera apps besides the native camera app and Instagram.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insights. Please tell us a little more, do you have a case for the Galaxy Note 10+? Does your device have the latest software version available? 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
SxTx

Yes, I have a Moment case.  I also previously had a generic rubber case.  I have tried taking photos without a case and the problem still persists.  

Also yes, I have the latest software on my phone and the camera app is updated whenever a new release comes out, as I do with all of my apps.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for communicating with us. Have you attempted a factory reset? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes