Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5g (SM-N976V) from 2019 does not support 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the disappointment over not having 5G in your area as of yet, 4rod. I realize it is important to have access to 5G and we are ever expanding our network to go to new areas and coverage. Please refer to this link from time to times as we broaden the horizon of our 5G coverage https://www.verizon.com/5g/home/?kpid=go_cmp-13000162257_adg-127555622528_ad-528390976256_kwd-571970...

-Ed

0 Likes
4rod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain why my wife's device is showing 5G and my device is not? BTW - I'm beyond disappointed...

4rod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Can you please explain why my wife's device is showing 5G and my device is not? BTW - I'm beyond disappointed...

The answer you provided is just not honest - why does VZW continue to state these sorts of things when you know that, in fact, VZW does not and will not ever provide 5G services to these devices?

The fact that my wife's device has 5G and mine does not tells me all I need to know. This is just wrong!

mama23dogs
Legend

@4rod wrote:

The answer you provided is just not honest - why does VZW continue to state these sorts of things when you know that, in fact, VZW does not and will not ever provide 5G services to these devices?

The fact that my wife's device has 5G and mine does not tells me all I need to know. This is just wrong!

It’s been explained a couple times in different places.   The note 10+ 5g has hardware for the kind of 5g that was only deployed in about 1% of the USA.  Further deployment was planned, but didn’t happen because of the Huawei ban.  5g is still not as wide spread as it should be, deployed in more urban or populated suburban business areas. 

BTW, on other devices you must change the setting to ‘global’ to connect to 5g.  It saps the battery.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that you're able to view your device's signal coverage from your  Samsung Note 10 + 5G Smartphone is very important. We've noted you reference that your wife's device is displaying its 5G coverage from her device.

Let's work together to get this resolved. Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent  SIM Card change, etc.)

Please keep in mind that 5G-enabled devices show a 5G icon instead of a 4G LTE icon on the device screen. When using data in a 5G Ultra Wideband coverage area, the 5G UW icon displays. When using data in an area not covered by 5G Nationwide, your device automatically shifts to our 4G LTE network. 

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd also like to share a link to view our 5G network compatible devices by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6609JZLtU.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly not the way we want you to feel about Verizon and we'd like to turn this around. We'd be more than glad to continue working with you, but we'd need more info about your device.

Let's keep going. Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent  SIM Card change, etc.) Please reboot your phone. Thanks! -Robert C.

0 Likes
4rod
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, in other words, it's not 5G...

Planned and reality are not the same. I guess I should have just stuck with AT&T - at least their 5G was reality - unlike VZW. So much for 'future proofing' my device. It's just a pretty phone with the same 4G LTE network - nice...

4rod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply, Robert. There have been no recent updates and I have never ever seen '5G' on this device - never.

The options I see in Connections | Mobile Networks are Global, LTE/CDMA, and LTE/GSM/UMTS - no other options.

Thanks again,

Rodney

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we have all the details to fully assist you so we are sending you a Private Message now.  Thank you.-Sean

0 Likes